• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Elatine hydropiper aka Micranthemum sp. "Monte Carlo"

O'Neil

Hey guys,

Do any of you know if the plant in Georges most recent scape tries to lift from the substrate like HC (cuba) or is it more firmly rooted?

Thanks

When growing very dense..........yep, it'll lift in places too !! You can use a flat palm, to press trapped air out of it (just press down) which will help for a while......but eventually cutting or re-doing the carpet is needed !!
Mick.

HC's root is like half of the Micranthemum root system. That is the problem with HC. This is a small root plant and the roots are easily damage. Just a little heat or a thick carpet and you're done. :)

I have a group of this plant which sucks :) HC, Utricularia ? ops i ran out :)
And others which probably will never float: Real Elatine Hydropiper, Marsilea species, Eleocharis species, Glosso, Micranthemum, Echino Tenellus, Lilaeopsis species.

Whatever you do with HC, this has a lifecycle of 7-8 month in a high energy setup. So replanting required after that.

On Micranthemum we do run an older setup without any issue. But seen a couple Micranthemum tank at the ADA gallery a few month ago without issues.

So i would say this is much more safer than HC and if you do not let it grow 10cm height it will not float on a mid run

11457801913_c5af8f41e3_h.jpg

11457732146_62314643de_h.jpg

Reactions: tim
Wow thanks vic' also the two tanks look awesome, i need to buy some better rocks, only got lava rock atm.

Would love to do a nice iwagumi.

I love how badass you are Vik!

A sign clearly displaying 'NO PHOTOS!' And there you are snappy-snap-snap.

:yay:

:)

Almost half of the tanks had this patch. I was pissed :)
Being there with a 5DMarkIII and not making photos..... eh you know :)

Honestly they just opened up the gallery after our visit. They worked on the new tanks for months over the summer when they were closed.
So none of these tanks appeared on the web or aquajournal before. They wanted to keep the exclusivity.

But as this was back in sept-oct these tanks were published in the Aqua Journals already.
So i published them after that. :)

But i keep documenting everything to be able to share later when a good topic comes up :)

:)

Almost half of the tanks had this patch. I was pissed :)
Being there with a 5DMarkIII and not making photos..... eh you know :)

Honestly they just opened up the gallery after our visit. They worked on the new tanks for months over the summer when they were closed.
So none of these tanks appeared on the web or aquajournal before. They wanted to keep the exclusivity.

But as this was back in sept-oct these tanks were published in the Aqua Journals already.
So i published them after that. :)

But i keep documenting everything to be able to share later when a good topic comes up :)

What you were MEANT to say is ' me and Amano are home boys! He Comes round mine every Sunday for a burger and a Bud (weiser)!'.

;)

Back