• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

H´s optiwhite hightech

My fingers itch, i am restless and having feever, paranoia is closing in. and I can do nothing but wait....

But I gave the paintshop a call today and they said that thursday is christmas day again!

Yeaah! Im going to bed early tonight so it will come to me faster! (Always worked for me when i was a kid.)( Oh forgot... i am still 5 years, wife says)

H.

Before santa comes, I took the opportunity to do the fist aquascape in the optiwhite tank.

I am testing the DSM (dry start method) we'll see where it unfolds. No soil or sand this time, the lights are low tech, with a light strength of one candela.

aquascape-merrychristmas.jpg

Merry christmas every scaper! Eat well and keep your skin tensioned.

H.

really nice hardscape !! lol

Attachments

• aquascape-merrychristmas.jpg
    aquascape-merrychristmas.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 211
Thanks Robert. It was an really unpleasent scape, because there war this old man in his red suite that came and ruined it all and gave away all my scaping right after the christmas dinner. The next year i will be happy if he does it again when i fill it up with water.

Chears
H.

Hi, thanks for all the response and likes.

I am really pleased with the bench and the job I did myself with it. And from distance even the paint job looks good, however you need to go a little closer to see that the high gloss (gloss scale 90 ) paint not quite fill up the standard I thought .

Apparently it's difficult to paint glossy as the paint is " runny " by itself , so the bench is painted in batches, and always with the painted surface upward , making the paint spray / paint mist stuck on them previously painted surfaces and made them a little harsh, or grainy instead of high gloss smooth.

The inside was painted in "regular" semi-matte color and there was no requirement for the finish but the painter took his own initiative and painted the back side with standard color , so not glossy 90 in gloss scale. Moreover , it is very grainy by all spray mist stuck there.

Well! The backside is a backside and of course not visible, but I KNOW that it is not glossy, and also perhaps the bench / aquarium will stand freely as a room divider in the future and it does not work at all in this case.

Painting is difficult, and some minor defects is OK. But i dont know if I can accept the whole backpice to be non glossy...

More Pictures are comming later this weekend, taken in daylight.

H.

Some more pictures now then.
Here a taste. and those who want to see more details go chek my blog

http://tjockabertha.wordpress.com/2014/03/16/akvariebank-120cm-ada-style/

20140314_114149.jpg

The paint job may be as it is right now, I am not pleased with the finnish. Perhaps I will ask another firm to do it perfectly. And clarifie to them that it has to be top notch, otherwise they dont have to bother. Cost what it costs, I have no idea about 1000 SEK (95 GBP or 112 EUR(mars 2014)) is expensive or cheap, quote seems unnecessary. It is the quality that has to be good.

H.

Some more pictures now then.
Here a taste. and those who want to see more details go chek my blog

http://tjockabertha.wordpress.com/2014/03/16/akvariebank-120cm-ada-style/

20140314_114149.jpg

The paint job may be as it is right now, I am not pleased with the finnish. Perhaps I will ask another firm to do it perfectly. And clarifie to them that it has to be top notch, otherwise they dont have to bother. Cost what it costs, I have no idea about 1000 SEK (95 GBP or 112 EUR(mars 2014)) is expensive or cheap, quote seems unnecessary. It is the quality that has to be good.

H.
Quality looks good on the photos but i'm sure in person it's not quite the same...

Off Course I need to adjust the aquarium horizontal. Would be embarrassing otherwise if anyone looking at the aquarium sees that the house leans ...

20140318_200115.jpg

Could it be measured how many newtons each screw is to be drawn so I know every leg has the same load?

I think this way that if you pull the middle leg too hard so MDF will over the years give in and shoot up towards the middle of the tank and create tensions.

Just like the bolts on the cars tires to be adjusted equally.

H.

Anyone willing to guess the prosentige weight on each leg? mid leg/side leg.

H.

Well the leg weight is rather imoprtant due to the floor.

First guess of mine isthat the mid leg carry as much as 60% of the whole weight of this aquarium.

anyone dissegree?

The tank is filled up and some plants are in. I Think i will go "all in" at the first attempt and make my first "dutch style" aquascape, due to lack of hardscape materials.

How many plants can there be in an 240 liter optiwhite?

All the high techs are in place and i am test running the tank.

teknik.jpg

The canister filter is an unimax 700 with uv-c filter. And it has double in/out pipes that makes it perfect to make an extra sling to the co2 reactor. simple and clean i think. hopefully the gas wont be accumulated in the canister.

H.

H.

The lightning is ready! 108 watt T5 , DIY.

2 * 54W T5, reliable, fluorescent light tubes. Provides 0.45 watts per liter in total. Big advantage of fluorescent lamps is the variety of spectrums to be available in market. The cover over the tubes is rolled 2,0mm aluminium , the top is gloss white and everything is hanging in the wires from the Shimano standard brake cables ( sporty ) .

The wall mount in 10mm steelpipe, painted in white, of course. The ideal thing was to allow the power cord to go inside the wall mount, but the screws in the wall where a little too tight to fit the power cable also, so unfortunately it is stripped beside of the wall bracket.

The tubes are placed 15 cm from the surface and gives a really good light in the tank , and yet a good light in the room. One tube gives white light while the others have much red in the spectrum , this reflects the colors of the red plants and are really good at its first glance .

ljus3.jpg

H.

Thanks. The setup is very simple and primary for growing fast and .
The challenge will be now to get it really dense, and not like it is right now with some plants

H.

A bit of love and some carefully pruning will see them nice and bushy then you find yourself with trimming you don't need in no time :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I love your setup.
Your attention to every detail and the demand for quality has made for a very impressive tank.
Now all it needs is a very impressive scape to make it even better.
Well done.

Back