• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Quick Planted Tank - 80 or 90liter Juwel Rekord

Nice informative video there mate :thumbup:. Looking at the regulator the blue knob will adjust the working pressure which once set you should be able to leave set, the other knob will be the needle valve this is used to set the bps( bubbles per second) again once set best not to mess too much or co2 fluctuations can induce algae, 1 bps may be a little low on a 180 ltr tank, best to make adjustments gradually though, I find weekends best change bubble rate and monitor livestock to make sure they can cope with the increase, I also adjust weekly rather than every day if I need to adjust, less light is always helpful whilst dialling in optimum co2 for plants and livestock.

Thanks Tim, its a 80-90 liters +-
Turning either knob changes the bar value though. Im currently on 3bar with just over 1 bps and my drop checker is a dark blueish green blue...

1 and a half hours into co2.

No lights yet.

azu5yheg.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I must say, I havnt really moved out of the fishroom today... Its just amazing seeing the plants pearl (slowly but surely) and the Otto's and Shrimp doing their thing. Along with that the Bazooka Diffuser is just amazing, almost no bubbles touch the top of the tank.

Shrimp are moulting perfectly fine and I can see the plants are filling in, this being 2 weeks after the inital planting.

Hey all, just a quick question, should my drop checker still be dark green first thing in the morning?

Also, I've seen people spray a very diluted mix of h2o2 on the surface to combat algae and surface film, is that a good idea?

pu8adu2a.jpg

Losing one sakura shrimp a day... Strange the stock from my which I moved from my other tanks are still doing fine (painted reds).

That'll teach me not to buy cheap

So quick question, the last week or so it seems as if my water is murky, or at least slightly white and the leaves on the Anubias Coffii is full of dirt, is this a form of algae?

Note: i have not touched the filter

Back