• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roma 240 algae and leaf rot, please help

I tried a nano Koralia 900 in my densely planted 65 liters some months ago and the flow was high but not that much... and it was fixed at the black glass, so there were only 30 cm of water in front of the pump. I also noticed that the flow was not so directional as you would expect looking at the design of the pump. As a result, the flow around the tank was significant, plants were moving but I had no problems with substrate or debris floating all over the tank. So a single nano pump IMO won't do very much in 240 liters. The advantage is that this model is quite small and silent. Maybe having two of them instead of a big and ugly one could work.
In my case I finally decided to simplify the hardscape to improve flow... Much easier, less energy consumption, less equipment on the tank.

Jordi

Thanks for the advice guy's, I'm going to buy a Hydor Koralia Nano 1600.

Hi guy's I thought I would do a tank update now that things are looking more healthy, I bought a Hydor Koralia Nano 1600 as posted above, am now only using the two 30w t8 tubes as and have started mixing and dosing dry ferts as suggested.

I must say things are now looking much better, the whole tanks looking much healthier and the Rotalla Indica is now looking much healthier although I have bought some more to help move things along.

Please find picture below:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xsuk6swcr1j1d//Aquarium_10_August_2014

Back