• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help! My CRS are acting really odd/ dying?!?!?

Sorry to hear about this :(
I have a dog so will wear disposable gloves next time I dose him for fleas/ticks, just to be on the safe side. Had always washed my hands thoroughly after, but just goes to show how careful one must be during and after using treatments and the like for other pets.

Sorry to hear about this :(
I have a dog so will wear disposable gloves next time I dose him for fleas/ticks, just to be on the safe side. Had always washed my hands thoroughly after, but just goes to show how careful one must be during and after using treatments and the like for other pets.

I dosed him Sunday afternoon, and did maintenance yesterday; it was from giving him a pet on the back, on my way from the kitchen, to the tank; that's all it takes, so it's more a case of washing your hands thoroughly before you dip them in the tank, and not do anything in between washing and the tank. It sounds extreme, but from what I can now attest to, it only takes the tiniest trace amount of the stuff to do damage.

it was from giving him a pet on the back, on my way from the kitchen, to the tank; that's all it takes, so it's more a case of washing your hands thoroughly before you dip them in the tank, and not do anything in between washing and the tank

An awful way to learn a lesson, hope the rest are ok.

Yea watch your sun cream too guys and gals, I did it yesterday after putting some on the kids..went onto do tank routine. a few later bunny hoping shrimp after a hoover and top up, this thread reminded me to think and not pannic. it took me a filter clean and at least 70 percent water change to settle them Down. Only one shrimp on the floor that a got back in the tank. I washed my hand well before I touched the tank but I will wash upto the elbow with soap then again with ro now. Glad your shrimp have settled sad to hear you lost some though.

Yes sunscreen is a big issue for aquatic life, so much so that absolutely none was to be used on our speedboat prior to getting into the water with the feeding Whale Sharks. While I looked a complete tit and received a few sniggers for wearing uv protective tights and a long sleeve rashie with a bandana on my head I wasn't the one hiding under towels from the sun while seated in a reflective white tub under a cloudless tropical sun, lol!

Oh no..... I'm trying to forget about the tropics.:( I had my shorts on today that I wore in the caribean earlier in the year.when we went into a 80 degree mud bath / spring, they still stink of sulphur it will never wash out. ( trying not to think about St Lucia so I'm not going to ware them again) Whale sharks that sounds awsome maybe a bit scary regardless of what they eat.:)

I posted a vid of my jaunt in the off-topic forum if you're interested. I managed to cremate the front of my legs about 10 years ago whilst spending the entire time under the shade on Phi Phi, went to bed and woke up in the morning unable to stand. I find sunscreen pretty useless for my attention span, hence the cover up.

Nice one, I will take a look.:)

Can you buy aquarium safe long sleeve gloves?. Never looked before, but think now would be a good purchase. Vet gloves be ok you think? One time use, then throw away.

Last edited:
Yes I imagine you can.
a5e6eryb.jpg

:D no one in our family has knees that good. Sorry was the only pic of barnacle boy and mermaidman that I could click on and download simply on my handset., I wanted the cartoon spongebob one.:(

Less than a penny each not bad, just check they're not coated in that powdery stuff. I don't know if I'd personally want a box with EXAMINATION GLOVES written all over it that I could forget I've left in the lounge should anyone pop round and see it I'd never live it down. :D even worse a used one:D

Back