• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano shrimp breeding attempt

chka

I added 3 big amano shrimp to my big tank with few smaller amano shrimps which never grow bigger. After about a week all 3 bigger amanos got pregnant :) So those not growing shrimps was just males :))

So I read about breeding these species and it looks doable.
I put one of pregnant shrimps in 8 litres plastic tank and now waiting for hatching... Which should take 5 weeks from start but I do not know when the start date was :)

3.jpg

5.jpg

Also trying to prepare some green water with proper ppm of salt to replace water in the tank after eggs hatched

6.jpg

yeah... I was very lucky :) this night that shrimp committed suicide - jumping out of tank and proclaimed dead this morning .

just after yesterday catastrophe in my Stonehenge tank...

I hope to find another berried amano in my bigger time today...

update: about a week ago that shrimp committed suicide - run out of the tank - I found it dead on the floor in 2 meters from the tank. Yesterday finally found another berried shrimp and put it in same tank now covered :)

I can give you a link for purchasing seawater green algae if you need it. Nice to see progress, good luck!:thumbup:
Yes please :) I thought it will appear itself if light will be 24/7 on...

Back