• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting choice

razvaa

Seedling
Hi all,
I want to start a new setup in 90 l only with green plants ( bobildis, moss, fern, cryptocoryne .. etc. ) and I want to use: 1xOsram 865 T5 24w, 1xOsram 880 T5 24w OR 2xOsram 865 T5. I do not t know which combination is good for plants and looks good, so I need your advice to choice a combination.

Thanks,
Razvan.

I've used with these plants a combination of 6500K and 10000K (2x24w T5HO), sharp greens, you will be pleased!

Jordi

Isn't so bluish light for a planted tank ?
865 has 6500k
880 has 8000k
Anyone have this combination, which is good ?

Thanks,
Razvan

Hi Razvaa

I opened this thread some days ago asking more or less the same (http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/lighting-advice.34239/). IMO, 6500 and 10000K tubes combined look great for greens and a light background (I guess you know it has no effect on plant growing, it is just a matter of aesthetics).
As you can see in my thread I ask what would be the best option to enhance red colours: 6500+8500, 10000+4000, 10000+grolux, 6500+6500...
There is a good thread/tutorial on the lighting sub forum in which several combinations are shown and it looks to me that having a tube around 8000-9000ish and another quite yellowish/purplish can make a good combination to keep good greens and nice reds (not only from plants, but from wood and fish)
Keep tuned to see other opinions for your setup... :)

Jordi

Isn't so bluish light for a planted tank ?
865 has 6500k
880 has 8000k
Anyone have this combination, which is good ?
Hello,
Please erase your programming regarding colors such as blue. Plants do not care what color bulbs you use as long as you do not use too much. Too much of any color can destroy your plants within days. You are free to choose any color bulb you wish and disregard any ideas about suitability for plants. Use the bulbs YOU find most interesting to look at and forget everything else.

To answer your question therefore All the above combinations are good - unless you do not like looking at them. If that happens then the combination that you do not like will suddenly become no good.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply, are very useful. I hope to start the new setup soon ... :)

Back