• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Compatibility question about co2art regulator

MatTheFish

Hi,

Was looking at the Professional Aquarium CO2 Dual Stage Regulator with German Solenoid and SMC Valve

reg009.jpg

Wanted to ask sorry if it sounds dumb new to co2, as it has the smc needle valve where would i place the Advanced Precision Brass Bubble Counter for Regulators and Solenoids ? (does it go in that white plastic thing which sticks out of the needle valve? or will i need to go for an inline one with this particular regulator?

I contacted the place where i would get a co2 fire extinguisher and they say the bottle is 585mm/58.5cm height, how much height would the regulator add to the bottle height? want to ensure it will fit into my cabinet prefably.

Thanks
Mathew

hi the white plastic thing is a push fit connector for your co2 feed tube . dont know which bubble counter you are talking about but an inline one would go around that point lol :)

hi the white plastic thing is a push fit connector for your co2 feed tube . dont know which bubble counter you are talking about but an inline one would go around that point lol :)

Sorry what i meant was now you named it is the push fit connecter how does the bubble counter connect to it, bubble counter linked in original post.

If you look at this tutorial video from CO2 it first shows them sticking the co2 tube in the push fit connector (valve) then they remove the co2 tubing (not sure why they do that first?) and they show how to install the bubble counter into the push fit connector (valve) and they mention an adaptor. So i guess i need that metal adaptor for the bubble counter to fit into that SMC valve from going buy video, i want to make sure before ordering that the bubble counter i linked in original post will fit on the regulator i also listed, from the video it seems as i would be buying the regulator that comes with the SMC valve to attach the bubble counter to it i would need that metal adaptor thing.

Sorry bit confused about it.

Thanks for the help :)

Mathew

There is an adapter which screws into the bubble counter and then you push the other end in the SMC needle valve.

That's correct thats what i mean but i can't find that adaptor on their site for the bubble counter i linked in original post. Maybe i'm missing it but can't find it.

Thanks
Mathew

Oops sorry i forgot to update cart with new bubble counter, the one you posted was the one i meant.

Many thanks for the help. To be fair i'm just nervous with pressurised co2 bottle keep thinking it might go bang or i stupidly do something wrong for out of stupidty or "not knowing" worries me a bit.

Thanks for confirming and helping! :)

Oh was going to ask are their regulators the one i'm buying any good? don't want anything that may not be of great quality and break not with pressurised co2, no bought this kind of stuff before so want to ensure it's a good kit.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yep. And customer service is top-notch. I really recommend you read their guide to CO2. A couple useful hints I haven't seen elsewhere: don't turn the lights on until you have got CO2 sorted (you will need some time off work/other responsibilies for this. Also, use cheap/easy plants then replace them after a while when you have the hang of growing them successfully...

P

Thanks you for the advice and tips!

I got plenty of time spare no problems there, i was going to start with easier plants, i was thinking AquariumGardens anyone you suggest? bit difficult for me to get out to shop atm so want to buy online from a reputable source and where plants will be good qualty and healthy when delivered.

Many thanks! :)

Hello,

I'm very sorry for late reply!

I can see most questions has been answered. Thank you all!

Wanted to ask sorry if it sounds dumb new to co2, as it has the smc needle valve where would i place the Advanced Precision Brass Bubble Counter for Regulators and Solenoids ? (does it go in that white plastic thing which sticks out of the needle valve? or will i need to go for an inline one with this particular regulator?

Exactly as Pepedopolous mentioned this is adapter you can use to attach bubble counter to SMC valve : http://www.co2art.co.uk/products/push-on-tubing-bubble-counter-fitting-for-6mm-push-in-connector-1

I contacted the place where i would get a co2 fire extinguisher and they say the bottle is 585mm/58.5cm height, how much height would the regulator add to the bottle height? want to ensure it will fit into my cabinet prefably.

From top nut it will add around 6cm, but with bubble counter it will add around 12cm. If height is limited, you may want to go for inline bubble counter :
http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...-with-build-in-check-valve-and-magnify-holder . This way you will add only 6cm and it won't require separate adapter.

If you have urgent question, please feel free to email or call us. We here to help :)

Many thanks,

Just measured and the internal dimensions of my cabinet from bottom to top is 75CM.

So i was told co2 bottle is 58.5CM + 12CM (reg&bubble counter) = 70.5CM, so leaves me with 4.5CM of height above it.

Or

Inline bubble counter - co2 bottle is 58.5CM + 6CM (regulator) = 64.5CM, so leave me 10.5CM of height above it. Plus bubble counter is cheaper and no adaptor required. This one makes more sense as is cheaper to, but that bubble counter, it says magnify holder, what do you mean exactly it's magnet ? reason i ask as if i have an inline bubble counter i would like to stick it at back of aquarium glass (outside obviously) but i have a plain black background (the normal plastic stuff you buy in aquatic shops), would the holder stick to it do you know?

I'm looking to spend around £158 in total, do you have a discount code i could use please?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back