• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my son's tank

Tank size 21 x 21 x 24
It's an all in one tank, meaning that it comes with LED lights, filter and pump (300 liter per hour).
Officially it is my 5 yr old son's tank but I cant resist to try to make it a little nice for myself to look at, otherwise it would be filled with angry birds, toy cars, plastic diamonds and more such.......:eek:....
I mplayed around with some stones I still have which wasn't working for me until I remembered that George Farmer once told me that there is no such thing as a to big stone (or something like that), that's when I took a bigger stone and dumped it in the tank.....with this as result
1kleiner_zps36ce7a8f.jpg
2kleiner_zps81f1c6a1.jpg

Now for some planting...as it will be a (almost, because I will use some excel) low tech I only want to use moss.
3kleiner_zps2208c30a.jpg

Made the right side a bit higher.
Also wasn't really happy with the gap between the left glass and stone, that's when I looked at some course sponge and started to cut small peaces of it, made some slides in it to be able to put some moss in those (like a hot dog out of sponge and moss) and squeezed those snugly in the gap.
4kleiner_zps96f9ec32.jpg

5kleiner_zpsa8ef8cfa.jpg

Nice work Martin, your son is gonna love that, the valley effect achieved with the two rocks is very simple yet very high impact, once the mosses fill out you will have a beautiful ravine.

Back