• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Multiple w/c with ei?

langer!

How would be the best way to do multiple water changes a week I.e twice a week, a Wednesday and a Sunday for example? Would the wc still need to be 50% on both days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to achieve 50% weekly change, now if that's 50% in one day or 10% for 5 days it doesn't matter.

Of course this is based in EI dosing and light and CO2. Obviously if not doing EI in full then you can get away with less % in longer timescales.

As long as you are changing 50% water that's the main thing. I do mine once a week religiously and if I have time on my hands Ill do two. WC day for me is Saturday so if I do two I'll do one on Wednesday as well, both Kno3 dosing days.
I guess the best if you have time would be daily if you have the time. At least that way algae promoting nasties don't get chance to build up whereas weekly there will be a build up of some description before the change.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook

So for example on a daily change scheme if be looking to change 7% water a day? Or would it still be 50% a day?

Thanks for your replies

Just remember that you will be taking away also some "new" water, when you do multiple changes.

If you start doing daily water changes now and your aim is to have only 50 % of the original water after one week, then you need to change about 10 % daily.

Ok brilliant, I'm
Only interested in this because I have discus and don't like leaving it too long between changes, thanks for all your help guys

General rule of thumb in my regime is more water changes the better. Everything in my tank, both plants and fish seem to look better for it. I treat the 50% weekly as minimum. However, with regards to dosing EI as well it might be beneficial to add both the traces and the macros on the same day/every day after the water change rather than splitting them on alternate days as is usually done. My reasoning being if you dose alternate days you will be having a day when you have removed most of one or the other in the wc.

Maybe divide your normail weekly dose into seven.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook

Back