• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pearling plants after night aeration

I'm aerating my tank at night by using the already installed CO2 reactor a T splitter and an air pump. After I've done this the plants are pearling in the morning when the lights and CO2 are still off. There are no visual bubbles in the water which could be caught by plants. After a few hours, when the air pump is turned off, the bubbles disappear.
What are those bubbles? Can someone explain how this is working.

I would say that it has much to do with dissolved oxygen in water.
If enough oxygen dissolves into the water, then the one that plants are producing can't solve into the water anymore, so it forms bubbles. Plants are producing oxygen 24/7 (not only during daytime). And when you turn off the air pump, the surplus of oxygen escapes quickly from water (due to equilibrium), so even after plants become producing more O2 during datime, its probably not as much as the air pump pumps into the water at night.

My guess: Could introducing air to your inline reactor (pressurising the water and air )cause gases in the injected air to be dissolved? The pearling could just be a result of those gases coming out of solution?

Back