• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for a good, easy plant food...

Mark87

Seedling
Hi guys, I have had my tank setup a few weeks now & I'm thinking about what plant food / nutrients I should be using as some of my plants are melting & the leaves are yellowing. I'm basically looking for a cheap, simple to use plant food. I have seen a "tropica" product for sale in my lfs that you dose once a week (at water change) and was wondering if anyone has any experience using it or similar products. I'd rather not go for anything too complicated as I'm only just getting my head around using co2 but what are people's opinions & how are you dosing your tank?

The tank is a 100l cube, running co2, external filter & led lights. The livestock is just a few tetras at present. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Mark.

Exactly what darrel recommend. You will save a small fortune this way, probably enjoy the mixing too, I do:D it's a close as I'd ever get to a science lab making/ mixing ferts. I feel like a professor :D it's a doddle doing your own, I also followed a good thread and use it in my pond too the difference is amazing even my neighbour cottoned on.

Ok, sounds good.. Thanks for the info, I'm going to have a read up about it but il probably go for that starter kit so thanks for that. Just one more question, what do you mix the salts with? Tap water, R.O or is there another solution needed to mix with? Mark.

Yea my co2 has been up & down lately as its a fairly new tank & I'm trying to stableise it. Either way I'm going to need a plant food though & if I still have problems after that I shall investigate the lights / co2 again, Think I have it balanced out about right now so it should remain level but it's taken a while, haha. Thanks. Mark

Just one more question, what do you mix the salts with?
The idea of EI is to keep it simple, so tap water is fine, you also get some extra calcium and magnesium in the mix as a bonus.

Back