• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano cave scape journal

Looks great, extremely original and dynamic scape. Although I do agree, needs more plants!
Thanks!
Thing is I got exams now and no time to work on it. Hopefully in two weeks I'll stuff in a lot of moss!

Sent from my Panasonic P11

Thing is I got exams now and no time to work on it. Hopefully in two weeks I'll stuff in a lot of moss!

I've not got exams just yet but life, school and controlled assessments in French, German and English have got in the way of setting up my new tank, its been lying empty for months, I'm still trying to source acrylic spray bars...

Hope you get that moss in soon, it will look perfect with a few more plants and of course I just can't commend that rock work enough :clap:

Good luck with your exams!

Jealous lol, I've been trying to do something similar in my 8L micro habitat for last couple of months but I'm still having issues fitting it in. Nice work tho, really inspiring. :)
Haha thank you. I'm loving nano and pico scaping. After my exams I'm gonna get a lot of small tanks to scape with!
I've not got exams just yet but life, school and controlled assessments in French, German and English have got in the way of setting up my new tank, its been lying empty for months, I'm still trying to source acrylic spray bars...

Hope you get that moss in soon, it will look perfect with a few more plants and of course I just can't commend that rock work enough :clap:

Good luck with your exams!
Just can't live with myself when there's an empty or unfinished tank! I have to finish it! Adding moss is just one thing.

In two weeks I'll be starting work on my very own Aquascaping studio/store!

Reactions: ADA
Great rock work :clap:

Are the rocks glued? or balanced?
Only the top portion is glued. Rest sat in place thanks to its jagged structure.

Here's a time lapse.
8ffd0334abdee9cc01b2be421919b6db.jpg

I've modified it further more after the last pic was taken and plan on making two more modifications during next water change.

Hope you guys liked it!

Fantastic scape. Just needs a heavy trim imo.
Haha yeah I'm waiting for the HC to cover the whole bridge and the moss to cover more area.
The rock work is really great. How did you do it?
These rocks are very jagged so the stones below have interlocked very well without any additional support, the bridge portion I've used an adhesive to bind it together. Its holding well.
Thank you!

This looks great. Very original and skilled hardscaping, especially considering it's a 30cm cube. I wish I could collect stones like that from behind my house.

I'm also very interested in the idea of putting high light loving plants high up in the tank, rather than the traditional base carpet.

Will definitely be following with interest.

What (if anything) are you planning for fauna? And which book did you take inspiration from?

Last edited:
Back