• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new setup, from #2 to... just plants

Quick and dirt update... one month and two severe prunings later:

15468149645_e9e7806c47_h.jpg

The tank looks like in previous shots but plant groups are now quite dense. Healthy growing although it is going to be very difficult to manage the tank due to very different plant growth rates. It looks a bit messy and somehow confusing to the eye, but I guess it will need two or three trimmings more to achieve bushy and well defined plant groups.

Jordi

One month and a half later:

Just put together different clips taken this week -sorry for the poor edition, well edition is maybe too much, just added the clip with crap editing software.
Tonight I will be changing the position of some plants

Jordi

Last edited:
Nice and plants look very healthy, what is the background plant in the RHS, is it ludwigia var cuba?

From the foreground to the background: Eleocharis acicularis, Staurogyne repens, Cryptocoryne spp, Java fern Trident, Proserpinaca palustris, Rotala rotundifolia, Heteranthera zoosterifolia

Jordi

Hi all

I have decided to check the pH profile in this tank and for the first time I have measured my KH which is around 9

15831001862_5b4b494ee6_z.jpg

It's really amazing how the water column is degassed once you don't pump anymore!
Medium light, 3 bps, good surface rippling, inline atomizer and spraybar... the erst can be seen in the figure.

Jordi

Last edited:
Thank you Jose, the idea with this one was to focus on plants... I have no final layout in mind! No pressure in that sense. I'm just trying to achieve some goals which I consider are the first to be learnt to produce in the future a good layout. For example I'm trying different species (more and less demanding), I'm trying to have very dense and bushy growth, how to manage different species at the same time, different fertilization methods... Just learning the basics!

Jordi

Back