• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Grades

All you need are clean hands for in- tank- build shots, and lots of experience of plants.
A pack of chewits is optional.

Practice.
Practice
Practice

Understand how to grow plants well, their growth characteristics and its changes under different environmental factors is crucial in my opinion is a major requirement. You can for example picture a scape with all the plants you want to use, but if you can't grow them in an environment that is suited for them then it will do poor. Or perhaps you don't trim plants in such a way to promote certain growth characteristics which could potentially bring the best out of the plant.

But most importantly is to love what you are doing, this goes for any occupation and aspirations in my opinion. If you love what you do, you will get good at it and you will also attract people's interest in your work through things like UKAPS and other social networks. What I find and have noticed with aquascaping and art is that quite often it is down to personal taste, if you get good at what you do, you will develop well with a style and people who take notice of you will be drawn to your style or techniques in aquascaping.

Last edited:
Back