• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting point The Cube-- New Cube Rescape

The Co2 controls its self so long as the bell is full / Then the Co2 diffuses into the water. My bell is in the flow at the top of the tank you can see a ripple on the Co2 within the bell this helps with the diffusion of the Co2 into the water column :) Depending on the rate of Co2 diffusion any extra Co2 will bubble off from round the rim of the bell this happens more in the summer as the yeast eats the sugar faster in summer than in winter when its colder.

I change the bottle mix every 3 days in the summer / winter every 4-5 days ;)

Mix -- 80 g sugar 2.5ml of yeast in a 2 litre bottle ;)

Thank you Mr. Finger 2,
So the diffusion is controlled by the surface are of the CO2 within the bell. That makes sense. (I am presently using compressed gas cartridges and a ceramic bubble diffuser while I am cleaning algae from my bells. I am curious as to why it grows in a CO2 atmosphere within the bells. ) Now I can hardly wait to re-scape, but will wait until the present one matures a little. It's only been about a month and a half. I have trouble with patience, must slow my expectations and aspirations down and enjoy what is presently going on in the tanks. I have learned a lot in the last month or so. I am also watching my first attempt at dryscaping in my Fluval SpecV, which is approaching 2 weeks. I was going to attempt to post a couple of images, but see that I need a link address and do not have one. Is there a way I can load images from my computer without having a personal website?

Hi Rob

Algae --- I am curious as to why it grows in a CO2 atmosphere within the bells---- I think ??? Unlimited supply of CO2 ,HI light as bell is at the top nearest the light, damp inside the bell , Plus algae can grow anywhere :grumpy:

You got me curious now :D Why are you using a bell when you are using a ceramic diffuser ??

You and me need more patience mate. I have itchy fingers too :DAs soon as my plants grow in :) I want to rescape the tank :lol:
I am already planing the next scape that i am doing in this one :woot:

Hi Rob

Algae --- I am curious as to why it grows in a CO2 atmosphere within the bells---- I think ??? Unlimited supply of CO2 ,HI light as bell is at the top nearest the light, damp inside the bell , Plus algae can grow anywhere :grumpy:

You got me curious now :D Why are you using a bell when you are using a ceramic diffuser ??

You and me need more patience mate. I have itchy fingers too :DAs soon as my plants grow in :) I want to rescape the tank :lol:
I am already planing the next scape that i am doing in this one :woot:

I really have no idea about your CO2-algae observation, perhaps someone with a chemistry background can explain it. I am no longer using the bell, just the diffuser, which I think is more efficient as a dispenser.

I really have no idea about your CO2-algae observation, perhaps someone with a chemistry background can explain it. I am no longer using the bell, just the diffuser, which I think is more efficient as a dispenser.
Think I might have forgotten to mention how much I liked the jungle look of your tank. I guess the low lighting adds to the jungle feeling. What is your illumination source?
Hi Rob, Thank you :) At the moment i use one a 25 w 6500k GLS Low energy lamp bulb on for 8 hours a day :)

Back