• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mystery Plant in GHA

Riccia. First pic I'd of said leggy glosso too.

There was a reason, I put the crying smiley...............Riccia is notoriously "sneaking in". And very hard to get rid of, after !!
Sometimes just THINKING about Riccia will contaminate a perfectly clean tank, I'm sure...........:nailbiting:

There was a reason, I put the crying smiley...............Riccia is notoriously "sneaking in". And very hard to get rid of, after !!
Sometimes just THINKING about Riccia will contaminate a perfectly clean tank, I'm sure...........:nailbiting:
Riccia is such a lovely looking plant though :) overdosing exel/ liquid carbon can exterminate it if desired ime.

Just to clarify; I love Riccia for its extreeme-green appearance, and willingness to grow, too........
- it is VERY virile, nevertheless. Smallest, invisible bit will grow on. The "sinking form" that sometimes appear, is a darker green colour and even more difficult to eliminate.

Colour say it's not the sinking form. Bright green is the floating form. It's not that much lighter than the water, so it easily get washed down with flow and get stuck in other plants or like here ; in some algae.
- it will likely develop into a nice, bright green ball, covered in little bubbles during photoperiod. At some time it will be too light, break free and go to surface. If you want to keep it under water, you will have to tie it to a small rock (fishingline) and trim it back, now and then.
A healthy piece of Riccia-rock really make a striking apperance...........few plants are this intense green :)

Back