• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Munich

DGR

Hello everyone!

I've been reading in this forum for about a couple of months now, and finally decided to introduce myself and later my latest scape too. I must say that I'm really impressed from the knowledge of all the members here! I find the hobby fascinating and I'm into it for about a year and now I'm working on my second scape. Before that I was more into aquaristics since i was 7.

So.. I'm Daniel, originally from Bulgaria, for the last 3 years I live and study architecture in Munich, Germany.

Cheers!

P.S. My english is probably not at it's best... I've kind of forgot it, since I've learned german. So... sorry..

Hi all,
Hi Daniel, have you been to the Munich Botanic Garden - <"http://www.botmuc.de/en/garden/glasshouse_complex.html"> ? It is all good, but
Glasshouse 4 - "Aquatic Plants" is well worth a visit.

wasserpflanzen2.jpg

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
Combine orchids and aquaria, Heaven!
There is a good orchid glasshouse as well (and fantastic epiphytes etc.)

The day I visited it was about 35oC, and my wife and daughter were keen to visit the shops in Munich, and do a bit of sight seeing etc., so I didn't have as long a visit as I would have liked to.

If/next time we have a house swap in Bavaria I'll try and get a better visit.

cheers Darrel

Hi all and hi Darrel,

Yes I visited the Botanic Garden and it was amazing. Sadly it was a long time ago and I didn't had my camera yet. I was thinking of visiting it again anytime soon this time with a better equipment.

cheers Daniel

Hi all!

So the pics are here! But I would say I must go there probably a few more times to get some good shots from the species. It was full with people, because there's an exchibition of butterflies right now and that ofcourse in the Glasshouse 4 - "Aquatic Plants". So this path, that Darrel showed... well it was full with children, mothers, fathers, guys and their girlfriends... and all of them wanted to take pictures of the butterflies ... I think I was the only one, who was more interested in the aquatic plants...

I would say Part 1 looks like that:

Munich Botanical Garden

Hello and welcome. if you hadn't mentioned your from Bulgaria and now in Germany by your English I would never have known. I went to the Bristol britanical gardens in half term very inspiring. ( doing a risk assessment for a school trip)
There was a plant I remember from the caribean there. When we were in the forest our guide sweep told us It was used by slave masters years ago to track those who tried to escape as if you brush against the leaves they close up. This was interesting to me as my mother and grand father are black.but enough about that, do you mind if I put a pic of the plant on your thread?

85047aa79b24e548ea0bda828159a56f.jpg
5111ba782e9927748471278a0100502c.jpg
Sorry about 2nd pic..... my kids just found some of the names funny there were worse:$

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies! I will for sure visit the garten in spring one more time. I hope the butterflies will be allready gone till then and I will take a better look at all the plants there... Particulary the mosses and the ferns. Those I find amazing!

Cheers, Daniel

Back