• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline co2 mist

Tylermn93

Seedling
i have an up Aqua co2 inline diffuser hooked up right after the output tubing starts and I increased the bubble count today and I noticed a big mist coming out of my output lily pipe. I just wanted to check with you guys who use inline diffusers to make sure this is right. whenever I look at pictures of high tech tanks I never see a co2 mist? It's very fine bubbles it's not a big deal but after I i redid my tubing on my Eheim filter I put the diffuser right after the filters output I thought that would reduce the mist I guess?

Thanks for the replies yeah I just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong I mean there's always a mist coming out at 2-3 bps but now that my plant mass has increased (tank is 36x18x18) 50 us gallons I upped the bubbles count to where it's hard to exactly count the bps and the mist has grown I guess you could say which makes sense

Hi all

I realized that I got more mist using my inline co2 diffuser in the following situations:

- at the beginning of the Co2 injection (during the first minutes it is really incredible, afterwards it doesn't look so misty)
- when the ceramic part is dirt
- at the end of the co2 injection (not sure if it is just co2 mist or also o2 bubbles from plants)

... and yes, I take the pictures during the 1.5 hours in which the co2 is off and the lights on, actually the best moment to enjoy the tank!

Jordi

I agree I've finally settled on a ufo diffuser and get a very fine mist. I hate the look of the diffuser being white but not the mist I quite like it, all the brilliant scapes at aquaJardin in glos done by edd and Stuart have had this diffuser and they take there tanks to shows.

The inline diffuser your using is good I had mad plant growth with one of those,if I hadn't gone and got a ufo I would have gone for the one you have.

I would love you to share a link to this ufo diffuser! Its performance sounds just out of this world!:D

When I get back from rugby, I'll stick s pic up for you.

89f40f290afb46d3f5c321b324c01a90.jpg
6c2bcd9186a0a50f8c06704b022be6a5.jpg
best I've found for a mist so far. When I first put it in the tank there were a few larger bubbles. After a few days they reduce to a mist from the whole disk. Cheers kirk.

If you wouldn't like to see the mist you should use a reactor instead of an atomizer ;)
I like the mist myself as I said. I like knowing that my Co2 is going around the tank a drop checker is only a guide, with a mist a can sit on my butt the other side of the room knowing my co2 is on and doing its job.:)

This is it with lights on right now. Lavly mist.:D
3ead42f620fb77b03d7faf653d4ad774.jpg

Thanks KIrk! Personally for a 60 litre tank I use the Hagen Elite mini mod with the co2 fed through one of these located in the mini's chamber.

Looks good mate. Thing is if it's working as you would like it's one to keep. My tanks 60 ltr too. Do you have a journal started or planned?

You can always think of the benifits. You can see the reactor is working. You can see were the CO2 is going in the tank and if there's dead spots.
That is a really good point & well worth a note to any newbies seeking guidance

Back