• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kessil A160WE Tuna Sun

jacobs aquarium on youtube has done a couple of reviews, looks good and I like how you can change colour temperature to suit your taste

...They can be picked up for around £200.00, then there is an additional £25.00 for the gooseneck mounting option, and if you want similar control to TMC that's an extra £100.00, so not cheap.
I was thinking I might be able to manipulate it in to dangling from a single wire from my Arcadia suspension kit, which'd be even more sexy and minimalistic.
Thanks for the heads up on the reviews I'll check them out in a bit.
The blurb says the effective coverage is about 60cm surface diameter.

Good review - confirms what I was hoping - a nice piece of kit. And Tom, Kessil seem to have sorted the noisy fan, apparently it's practically silent.

The blurb says the effective coverage is about 60cm surface diameter
yeahhhhhh ... but ask for the PAR diagram (sorry can't recall where I saw it) - outside 45 - 50 cm radius the PAR drops to rather low values
I picked up 2 for my 90cm tank (I think they'd provide equally good coverage on a 100cm tank), running just a single lamp on minimal %age & shading directly underneath, I get a nice nighttime viewing effect through the whole tank.
I'm in Canada & these worked out much cheaper than TMC tiles or Ecotech, the controller has 2 ports.
(the gooseneck adapter could use some work - the lamps are very light, not sure why the adapter is such a clunker - oddly the price has recently doubled on these)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was thinking perhaps it'd be ok over a Cube Garden 60-F or 60-P growing carpet plants like HC Cuba and such like.

Sounds good - I really like the controllability of if, got used to the crazy ceiling light show (can always just calm your water surface) ... I take really crap tank pictures (no patience to sort out all the reflection issues) but the plant colors are very nice, I was hesitant about LED but now prefer this tank color rendering to my T5 system (though the 2 tanks are so different comparison is difficult).
I hope Kessil comes out with some less costly versions (not so likely) - I'd like to add a mini version to my T5 tank.

...They can be picked up for around £200.00, then there is an additional £25.00 for the gooseneck mounting option, and if you want similar control to TMC that's an extra £100.00, so not cheap.
I was thinking I might be able to manipulate it in to dangling from a single wire from my Arcadia suspension kit, which'd be even more sexy and minimalistic.
Thanks for the heads up on the reviews I'll check them out in a bit.
The blurb says the effective coverage is about 60cm surface diameter.

I have a number of Kessil lights (2 amazon suns and an A150 light blue), all on gooseneck adapters. You need to factor in the 90 degree mounting bracket that goes on the gooseneck if you actually want to get the light sitting perpendicular to the water surface and to get the light slightly higher above the waters surface. The amazon sun lights are mega bright, I currently have a single one above a 70x70x45cm tank and it still has minor algae issues due to the lights output!

Back