• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Unnamed

Thanks guys.

The glosso died after my lights failed. This was probably at least a year and a half ago when I ended up rinning the tank on 1/3rd light of what it was. I never tried it again, but it grew superbly well for the time being. It appeared it loved the full blast of 45x3W LEDs over the tank without the emersed plants shadowing so I think the glosso loves its light.

The bacopa too loves a bit of light in order to be carpet like and spread, but not as much as the glosso so it survived the harsh period I endured, and it grew a carpet even at a reduced 30x3W LEDs and overhanging emersed plants but it did better with higher light. However, one day I had enough, I pulled it all out , because it's such a weed, it grew really fast honestly, and I couldn't cope trimming it. It's a lovely plant for a low tech tank as long as the light is not too low, otherwise it grows, but it doesn't look healthy, it grows leggy instead if shadowed over. But it will hang on to life and spread really fast once it gets its conditions so it's a really handy plant to monitor a tank.

I completely missed this journal - it's a great tribute to obdurance in the face of adversity :D (that may no longer be an accepted word ... anywhere ;))

Is this tank still running?

Just picked up this journal and found it really fascinating especially the plant survival with lighting issues over the period.
Have to ask, is the tank still running and did you ever manage to replace your lights?

Back