• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! tagging another member

Akwaskape

Hi after some help please.
If I want to tag someone on a thread to draw their attention to it. Can I just @ their user name and will they get notified? If not is there another way short of messaging them?
Many thanks
Nathan

Ah that's a shame
I was reading a thread that had some questions / info that related to one of my threads.
I thought it would have been nice to just comment with @ 'their username' and this would notify them that they had been mentioned in a comment on my thread. If they then clicked on the notification it would bring them to where they were mentioned ie where the info was.
It works well on sites like Instagram etc, thought it might be of use here. But can also see where the info trail could get disjointed for 3rd party viewers :)

Ah thanks
guess that's upto admin to review and decide. Is that what this site runs on XenForo? Sorry I'm a bit old in the tooth to be with it on the IT front

I thought you could. @LondonDragon would be best placed to answer this question.

@Akwaskape
I've not subscribed to the thread so no reply notification, (I would have got one if you quoted me) but I did indeed get the tag.

@Akwaskape
I've not subscribed to the thread so no reply notification, (I would have got one if you quoted me) but I did indeed get the tag.
strange b'cos I didn't get a notification when you just tagged me. Now I'm going to sound really stupid but does replying to a thread not auto subscribe you to it?

I am using Tapatalk, I don't know if that has any bearing on the tagging function. As for the auto subscribe, not sure on that it may be worth going through your user control panel and see what options are available.

@OllieNZ cheers dude im sure ill work it out :)
No worries sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If you get really stuck ping LondonDragon a message (if he doesn't pick this up first) he's the board IT administrator and will be able to answer any queries.

Back