• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tiger barbs

Ghosty

Hello there

I recently finished my 55g so in celebration I got some fish. Tanks been running well over a 2 months and tank was fishless cycled

So I added 6 tiger barbs and a ruby shark and 3 nertile snails added all at once with nitrifying bacteria to help ammonia spike I also did a 50% water change the next day . I had tested ammonia 24hrs after fish added and no ammonia or nitrites nitrates around 5ppm

I will be adding another ten tiger barb in a fortnights time maybe another 4 after that I've read everywhere the more of them the less chance of aggression towards other fishand tbh I fell in love when I saw the baby's nextdoor to the adults very active fish perfect for the family room
Also I'm going to add another 3 snails
What other fish would I be able to add I only want a further 2 single species

Also need some sort of clean up crew as I don't think a few nertile snails are going to keep up. I do have my ban plec in my 10g but don't think him an the ruby shark will get on

Any help appreciated

Back