• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID please

zim72

Seedling
Hello guys, I found a deal at my LFS and I couldn't resist :O , would you help me ID it? Thank you in advance.

cc69737ad37ee4652c52247a819fc7c8.jpg

Also, the algae growing on the other plants is green spot algae right? I'm dosing EI ... And then some extra KH2PO4 and it seems to not give up, I also dose 0.45 ml /day of metricide (Glut 2%) ...all other algae is clear now that the tank is mature. Thank you.

Hi there!

Could also be Micranthenum umbrosum. If you want to be sure you have tho wait until the plant started its submerged growth.

There are several possibilities......
Lindernia rotundifolia and Bacopa australis are the most likely.

Bac. monnierei would have leaves longer than wider.
Mic. umbrosum would have thinner stems.

Looks like bacopa to me, could be bacopa australis as it looks just like mine. It can grow planted or floating even and can also grow in a carpet in the right conditions.

This is mine when I let it grow mad:
BacopaAustralis_zps7ee93355.jpg

The algae is BBA. You must have had green spot too destroying the leaves after which BBA invades as it loves itself damaged leaves. Cut them or replace with a healthy plant. When the BBA looks like charcoal, it's not very fast spreading and ottos actually like it at this stage. But their seems to be some deficiencies in this tank.
See how the bacopa grows. It's very easy to grow and if it doesn't grow fast and healthy, there are issues with lack of nutrients in the tank.

Thank you very much, I too think it's either Bacopa Australis or mic umbrosum or lindernia rotundifolia if it starts developing white lines on the leaves. As far as deficiencies I think it only lacks CO2 which I'm trying to stay away from since the tank is only 2 gallons I thought the "liquid carbon" would help but I guess it's just not the same as CO2, any suggestions on this? Also the substrate is inert but I have DIY red clay + macros root tabs. Thank you guys

Last edited:
Lindrnia rotundifolia does not develop white lines on leaves.
The white lined one is a variation; Lindernia rotundifolia 'variegata'....that often goes back to original, developing all green leaves.
The Lindernia rotundifolia 'variegata' is the most common sold.....

Back