• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia Classica Stretch vs 15 W T8

There were some PAR graphs on Arcadia's website and if I remember correctly they were less than T8.

So looking at the two diagrams, Arcadia @ 400mm gives 15PAR and T8 no reflector @ 15" 15-20PAR & T8 with reflector 30-40 PAR.

led-stretch-freshwater-readings.gif

PARvsDistVariousBulbs2.jpg

hmm i put a par meter on one of these and if i remember rightly (adjusting a touch for the sensor drop off) the reading was about the same as a T8 bulb if not a touch more. it was a "bringing the meter down to the shop" test but I do have a distinct memory that the comparison to the tmc aquabar i made at the time was Stretch = 1 T8 Aquabar = 1 T5.

in both cases my par meter underestimates LEDs as far as I know.

Thanks for the replies folks.

That's sort of disappointing to see. I was hoping that these lights would be a least medium height. I guess I'll be better off looking at other alternatives such as T5s, as I'm not really willing to spend over £70.

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/a...5-fish-tank-lights-two-tubes-black-or-silver/

I saw these lights on allpondsolutions and they seem to be quite good. Two tubes is probably more than enough so I'd probably just use one tube, with the other for room to upgrade to high light if I chose to do so.

Ooft Ian those lights look a bit out of budget. Ryan, do you think for a 60x30x30cm aquarium that one would suffice? Bit cheeky that the dimmer comes seperately.

EDIT: These lights look to be for hooded aquariums, which mine won't be.

Last edited:
yeah I did a double take the first time I realised.... 4x the price from TMC!

I have a 60x30x30 tank in which I changed the T8 for an Arcadia stretch. All I can say is it grows crypts and moss very well :) I reckon way better than the T8 I had. And I like the colour it gives and yes, it's low light but does fine probably because the tank is so shallow. But there are better ones out there giving you more options in case you need it.

Back