• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Temporary tanks (two become one) Finally come to an END

Morning folks post waterchange pic from this morning
17997203495_9306f3e557_c.jpg

New additions to this tank hygro pinatidifida and hygro polysperma rosanervig also 8 neon green rasbora.
Cheers for looking.

Well that looks rubbish :p
Think you need to change the thread title Tim. Great looking tank pal. Is it still running low tech?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha temporary tanks have run longer than most if not all of my previous efforts, yep still low tech Iain, dose 1/2 ei macro couple of times a week and half ei micro three times a week, very slack with cleaning the filter hence staghorn in the mc carpet but slow tech suits at the moment and algae etc stays present but controllable, cheers for the feedback mate.

Hi folks, these two have come to an end(sort of :lol:) I've actually taken the wood from the shallow tank and moved it to the deeper tank and used most of the plants to keep it running a while longer, not the best image but you get the picture ;)
18808952833_76952c5e5f_c.jpg

Am looking to either get a cabinet made for this or if I find time make a DIY Ada style stand then it'll get a complete rescape so I can fit a cover and hopefully take lindy up on her offer of a male betta,
thanks for looking.

Evening folks, this tank will be coming to an end next weekend pencils will at last be moving back into the 3ft tank, tank has become a bit of an overgrown mess the last couple of months but I will try and end the thread with a photo before I take it down, anyway thanks for watching and all the comments and likes along the way.

Hi folks, as I'm finally going to get round to taking this down next weekend I thought I would post a few pics from the iPhone, I've really enjoyed the hassle free nature of this tank and I've let it go in terms of trimming and general glass cleaning, filter cleaning etc, though I have kept up with the regular water changes and it is mostly algae free :)
The hygro polysperma at the back has taken over somewhat, but it does provide some nice cover for the pencil fish

21314103683_ece0429d40_z.jpg
by timyapp
buces have ticked along nicely even giving me a new plantlet in just over a year :lol:
21923197902_378ed24b64_z.jpg

by timyapp
view from the side
21748354889_d2637dc22d_z.jpg

by timyapp
and a full tank shot
21944967871_e35a26fc33_c.jpg
image by timyapp
I will be starting a new scape in this tank eventually, cabinet to build or source first though so may not happen this side of Christmas, anyway thanks for following the thread and all the likes and comments along the way :)

Back