• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Radion fresh water

I'm also running 24/7 after struggling with unstable CO2 during the photoperiod. It's solved problems for now. If you have no fish or shrimp I would go high and work it down lower rather than go too low and loose plants like I did. That's just my experience, I'm pretty new to this, but it's way less disappointing to over dose CO2 and then ease back than see your plants die.

I gassed my fish when I first started using co2! Bizarrely now though I can't seem to get enough in still! Running something like 4 bubbles per second into a small but heavily planted tank and the fish don't mind at all.

Well just bought the Aqua safe best part of £20 and will only do 2.5 water changes at 400ltr a time. I can't afford this guys. And I've been recommended to do this every day lol. I'll be broke in no time.
9189F74C-BA44-4A89-B86F-224718E00282.jpg
4246CFE6-5C05-4704-A3D3-5777BB399463.jpg

I use Seachem Prime, 5ml treats 200 litres! I just bought 500ml for about 18 quid. You would need 10ml for 400 litres so that means that bottle would do 50 water changes, thats almost a year once you are on to once a week 50% changes.

Aquasafe is incompatible with Purigen if you ever decide to use it.

Prime is a good option.

Even cheaper is sodium thiosulphate. £6.50 for 1Kg at some popular auction site. You need about 0.1gr per 10l water, thus you will need 4gr per water change. You will get 250 water changes for £6.50, so about 5 years worth. Bargain.

In lower light or room light plants may or may not make use of the natural CO2 that dissolves into the water from the atmosphere giving about 3ppm dissolved. No need to add any more.

Sorry for the OT, but it's 0.5ppm according to Walstad.

-not trying to be a smart Alec, just thought some on this board might find it interesting as 3ppm is so commonly mentioned as the equilibrium level. Actually that's what you see when the co2 from respiration etc is taken into account.

Well just bought the Aqua safe best part of £20 and will only do 2.5 water changes at 400ltr a time. I can't afford this guys. And I've been recommended to do this every day lol. I'll be broke in no time.
9189F74C-BA44-4A89-B86F-224718E00282.jpg
4246CFE6-5C05-4704-A3D3-5777BB399463.jpg
Not trying to be a blahblahblahblah, honestly! But £20 on some treatment is too much? You've spent thousands on this so far!

Not trying to be a blahblahblahblah, honestly! But £20 on some treatment is too much? You've spent thousands on this so far!

To be fair, I would not want to spend £20 if the bottle was only going to last 2 weeks, unless of course it was beer!

I think the issue here firstly is the LFS price is a rip off, but that's standard. Secondly, the AquaSafe stuff is not as good value for money as something like Prime or Ian's DIY suggestion.

The other way of course of dechlorinating 400l for water for free, IF and ONLY IF you can guarantee chloramine is not being used, is to pop 400l of water into bucket the night before and run and airstone in it for 24hours. This will outgas the chlorine pretty quickly. You can also pre-heat your water at the same time using a 500W aquarium heater. Aerating does not work for chloramine, this is being used more and more often in the UK. You can test your water with a pool chlorine test kit to verify it is chlorine free.

This guy lost over £600 worth of fish due to not dechlorinating (or testing) due to chloramine being added to his water after a water board incident.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/410456-22-aquariums-wiped-out/

Hi,
maybe some of you have seen that I am looking for a new light for my tank.
I am considering Radion 30 and I have a question about this product.
As I live in Congo we have some power lost every day (at least) and wanted to know if power goes of, do you need to reprogram every thing, or the lights save all settings (time, intensity, colors) when power goes off ?
I don't want to set my light every day.
So if someone have an experience of power lost or something else it would be nice to have his report.

cheers

Hi,
maybe some of you have seen that I am looking for a new light for my tank.
I am considering Radion 30 and I have a question about this product.
As I live in Congo we have some power lost every day (at least) and wanted to know if power goes of, do you need to reprogram every thing, or the lights save all settings (time, intensity, colors) when power goes off ?
I don't want to set my light every day.
So if someone have an experience of power lost or something else it would be nice to have his report.

cheers
You won't need to reprogram once you set them

Still got no growth yet in my tank. The hair grass he's gained some length but not started carpeting
Bet it's been running 4 weeks now?

The hair grass he's gained some length but not started carpeting
Patience. Some of my plants when first planted appear to "stall" for quite a few weeks before starting to grow. This can be as the immersed grown plants (in air) get used to their new underwater home.

What does drop checker if placed in amongst the hair grass ?

I tied my drop checker to a stone to could move it around the bottom of my tank.

If you can get your hands on a PAR meter that may help you set your light levels and programming. Just throwing that out there in case it hasn't been mentioned.

Well I've noticed the long grass (30cm long) is starting to spread out! It's going to mingle with the hair grass! I best take this out before it takes over

Back