• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spray bar or no spray bar?

JAX3000

Hi,

(I am injecting co2 via an in-line atomiser into the outlet of my filter.)

I currently use the spray bar on my Eheim Pro 3 2075 (600) in a vertical position pointing straight across the back of my 110cm long 340l tank.

The inlet and outlet are both in the right back corner. I have a power head at the back left corner pointed to the front, so the water hits the front glass and continues across the front to the right hand side and round it goes...

It does seem to create good flow all round, but I wondered if I'd be better off removing the power head...

I reasoned that using it would help disperse the co2 by pushing it lower down and distributing it across the entire back wall...

Should I leave the spray bar on, remove it, or does it probably not really matter...?

My long term plan is another filter and I'll use both with spray bars on the back wall facing front. Am I up the right track...?

Thanks

spray bars on the back wall facing front
That will give the best flow patern i believe. Make sure the jets of water from the spraybar hit the front pane quite hard for the best effect ( this can be best judged when the spraybar is above the water, so you can actually judge the strength of the jets)

You know what, sod it. I think I'll just get that second filter sooner rather than later.

Cheers :)

Back