• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Auto dosing pipes

dfinn

Hi,

I am going to be auto dosing on a rimless ADA tank and am wondering the best way to fit the pipe work feeding the ferts into the tank. As I understand it the pipes cannot be on contact with the tank water to prevent over dosing etc so I was thinking of using two of these attached to the tank with the long end attached the the pipe from the auto dose, with the short end hanging over the tank just out of the water. I think they would look quite sleek too.

http://www.tankscape.co.uk/Flo-Revenio-J-Shape-Glass-CO2-Tube-Connector

Any thoughts

Dan

Dan there's a short version glass U pipe too. ADA has it, and i am sure the cloning companies also deliver it. We're using these too on dosers.

Yup look at Banggood, very cheap and free shipping as well, nothing wrong with it. :)

Looks nice.

I was unaware contact with the water leads to over dosing, although it makes sense. I was considering making a bit of an inline dosing setup so I didn't have more stuff on the side of the tank. Sounds like this wouldn't work? Does the water tension pull more fert solution than the desired dose? How much more? is it continuous once the solution contacts the water within the dosing tube?

I am very new to auto-dosing and peristaltic pumps but I have been researching and it looks like contact with the water is best avoided. I suppose also if both macro and micro solution were to slowly seep out near each other they could react together which again you want to avoid.

Dan

Back