• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 350 revival

Aqua360

Thought I'd start a journal for my Trigon 350, that I recently almost sold, but buyer never finalised :)

Once emptying the tank of the previous black sand and driftwood, with Anubias that had dominated the dull scape for a year; I decided to go with moler clay, and manzanita wood :)

My plan is to make this a low tech planted set-up, with cardinal tetras and discus :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160522-210729.png
    Screenshot_20160522-210729.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
Hi Aqua, Looking good :thumbup:

Thanks mate :) I'm gonna cut up some plastic bottles in half, fill them with gravel so that it helps support the bank towards the back. Having some serious thoughts about the moler clay though haha, if I do want to change it, the time is now!

I tried akadama but really didn't like the colour or grain size and shape. You could always have a sand area at the front and then hide the akadama with dense planting.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I tried akadama but really didn't like the colour or grain size and shape. You could always have a sand area at the front and then hide the akadama with dense planting.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's a very good suggestion, right now I've kind of backed off; to try and think about it, people outside of this hobby must think we're mad, taking weeks to decide on hardscapes lol. Worth it though!

minnow complete 1.jpg
minnows 2.jpg

So I finished my Trigon re-scape, having skipped about a million steps along the way in my journal lol.

It's home to 60 white/gold cloud minnows, and hopefully some red cherries in the future.

Plants include various types of anubias, decorated with glued together manzanita, pea gravel and Argos play sand substrate.

:)

also cloudy from the playsand, not worried though; it'll clear eventually

What?no discus? don't blame you though .

lol it's early days, I'm going to see how it looks with the minnows; I'm worried discus would ruin the sense of scale in the tank, plus they are incompatible temperature wise with the white clouds

plus they are incompatible temperature wise with the white clouds

And the RCS ;) although I'm sure the Discus would have loved them, like a child in a sweet shop.

Back