• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brickie has been down today. A kind of interview with Shaun . Starts tomorrow. Should speed thing s up a little. He is coming to build the walls. So Shaun can concentrate on the finish of the lower and upper pond. Plus filter house and plumbing.and window s . Matty has been sanding down and reapplying flow coat in places. As tree blossom was stuck on the fibre glass in places. So it had to be sanded off and flow coat reapplied. My new purifier has been delivered and I have tested it for leaks after fitting s have been fitted.

Also bought two floats for auto top up. Fill up on its own when evaporation happens or filter clean. For I am having trickle system put in. That way I don't have to do water changes.
You want to be changing about 5% percent a day. They say your fish are safe with five percent a day. Without purifier . But as you know to play safe I am having one put in the system. Better work cost enough. Ha ha Fred .

Last edited:
thanks green finger 2 more photos mate.
notice the TPRs have now been cut out and painted.also the bottom drain has all been ragged out.

upload_2016-5-16_12-26-52.png

Bought a flow meter for my hose pipe so know how much water gets added. for such as adding medication for fish

upload_2016-5-16_12-30-13.png

floats for auto top up trickle system the square one is one level for if i decide to have in the pond the rounder one has fly nut on so can adjust to water level. for if i install in the skimmer.

upload_2016-5-16_12-32-47.png

more photos later. shaun laying engineer bricks. at back of garden near summer house so as to go off for morning, to give brick layer a start on back wall.
cheers iam m. Zozo and London dracon. More photo s to follow of brick laying . All the best fred

Last edited:
tangible pond returns love how they have angled them to jet down side of wall. nqo need to buy the TPR fitting.plus fiber glass goes right inside
nice and smooth brilliant

upload_2016-5-16_16-23-30.png

the expanding foam has been cut away. around window frame . this will have a rendered sloping edge to it
then cut down edge and pull plastic of metal to give a nice chrome finish

upload_2016-5-16_16-28-42.png

that s all for today folks plus order in for delivery of 4 pallets of bricks and two bags of sand and a pallet of cement
now that s what i call a productive day. my wife the sergeant major has been out to inspect it all. she s happy so
that is a relief. ha ha. all the best fred

a lot of work completed remember i said my glass for the 4 sided frame might not fit becauseof fibre
glassing well we put it in to see. well it does. that s saved me between 3 hundred to 4 hundred pound. result.

delivery arrived at 0700 what a laugth and disaster. the driver broke the pallet and trapped the bricks between two more pallets.
and tried to pull middle pallet of bricks out. well they went all over the place. what should of took 15 minutes took an hour and a half'
you see the pallet all tipped up in my garden the pallet is in bits.
upload_2016-5-17_16-38-8.png

wooden boards for my filter house roof

upload_2016-5-17_16-39-27.png

coping brick s been put on half way around pond and fibre glass underneath these
upload_2016-5-17_17-21-0.png

another angle from inside pond of coping bricks lov it.

upload_2016-5-17_17-22-46.png

down full side of pond love it notice the grey grill i have made for my skimmer. the font will be about 3 inch wide
once front plate is in. so put this in for small fish to stay safe.

upload_2016-5-17_17-24-25.png

another angle fom top of garden

upload_2016-5-17_17-27-42.png

glass for my atlantica glass window heat treated double laminated. took two of us to lift it.ha ha little fellahs you see
as i said earier thought this might not fit. because of fibre glasssing the frame

upload_2016-5-17_17-30-20.png

thisb is aphoto of the upper pond water fall bricks been put there for looking at hight also it is going to be a metal shoot.
now being welde together by shauns mate the welder whoo made the infinity window.it will be about 3 feet to four feet across
close up also of skimmer grating i made. it is a draining board draining plastic you stick tea cups on. our lasses idea.

upload_2016-5-17_17-35-47.png

a few photos of what the new bricklayer has done. i knew his face after about an hour i thought i know him.
used to drink in the same pub the elephant and castle. built two piers across my back wall. and started to fill in between

upload_2016-5-17_17-41-46.png

and another pier
upload_2016-5-17_17-43-44.png

and finaly my filter inside garden wall pier plus filling in with brick laying
upload_2016-5-17_17-45-32.png

so other the moon quite a lot got dne today. torrow if weater is ok. more walls built. on the pond upper pond brick work
and finish render and fibre glass. plus coping bricks to finish off. plus skimmer pipe work and then skimmer brick work
i am travleing up to aberdeen back to work thursday. so relieing on our lass to update me to update you with watts app photo s
all the best fred :clap::thumbup:

The top coping stones holding fibre glass under bricks great finish done last week

upload_2016-5-24_19-25-50.png

filter house roof wooden trusses going on/ also notice skimmer put grating on for small fish
upload_2016-5-24_19-27-47.png

upper pond been fibre glassed flow coat to be applied yet
upload_2016-5-24_19-30-50.png

thats it for today the photos up above are from 2 day s ago/

Russchilds and Ian thanks a lot fellas getting there. More people been hired
To speed things up a little bricky and a labourer. Thanks again fred also mark thanks

Last edited:
Looking really good, it's going to be a fantastic set up once you're finished , looking forward to seeing pictures of your lucky fish in there new home:D

To zozo Ian Alex. And everyone else. Lots can t name everyone. Thanks a lot.
The filtre set up has now changed. Now having main stream drum and nexus first. Ultra sieve now going on skimmer line. With first plan. I did not have the drum. But now got drum. So this will now be hit first with the crap. Makes sense..self cleaning automated. So I will now not use the easy pod. Also that is a pump less. All the best Fred. Run 2x pumps now instead of 3. A 14000 speck badu and 12000 speck badu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back