• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Lights Have the Best Looking Glow

Easternlethal

A'right. It's time for another poll.

Which lights have you folks owned that you think produces the nicest looking glow in your high tech setup? I'd like to hear from diy folks too

Last edited:
By glow do you mean shimmer? Has to be Kessils.

shimmer, temperature and generally how well it brings out colors and contrasts to your eyes (not theoretically)

I must admit I do like kessils too and expect it to feature highly on many people's list.

What about T5s? I've never had any but some swear by them..

Last edited:
I always use the Philips TL lights. My old setup was 2x T% Philips 865 daylight + 1 HQI 150W.
But i switched back to 4x TL instead of the hot HQI :p

Now using:

(back)
- 1x T5 39W 840 philips
- 1x T5 39W 865 philips
- 1x T5 39W 830 philips
- 1x T5 39W 865 philips
(front)

This gives me great plant grow and a fresh look

Another helpful site to see different color examples: http://www.flowgrow.de/db/lightcalculator/colortemperature?kelvin=6500

Interesting indeed.. how would you say they compare with leds? I've always used leds don't believe I've even seen T5s in action.

And yes I have seen these color charts but in reality 6500k is not just 6500k because of the spectrum and configuration of bulbs and so on, so in practice all lights look quite different imo..

On the 3ft 55gallon a 4 tube t5 but settled on 2 combinations of Arcadia Plant Pro and Zoo Med Fora Sun or the plant pro with APS tropical tube. My small 60 litre when the t5 interpet 8 watt tropical daylight went I put a Ever Ready cupboard t5 light replacement believe its in the 3000 kelvin spec. as a temporay measure(£2 a tube on market) kept it as it gives a lovely Amazon look now suits the Bronze Corys and the Java Fern growing away nicely,if plants could talk eh:) T5s and T8s fine by me

I like mine too but next to kessils or even when using just crees I notice they have richer colors and deeper light penetration. No comparison really.

Back