• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 TERROR

ndrj1

Hello all,

I think the time has come to change the canister on my sodastream co2 set up... I have regulator from co2art with their special sodastream regulator.

I've been noticing the pressure dropping gradually over the past week and now I see the dials read as per the picture. No bubbles are appearing anymore which leaves me to think the canister is empty, although I am TERRIFIED of removing the regulator in case the thing EXPLODES in my face. Could any of you chip in with a little of your expertise so that I can change the canister over without a) skinning myself alive or b) ensuring it is fully empty (and safe) before doing so.

I don't believe I'm the only person in this forum who has the CANISTER PHOBIA.... I would literally PAY for someone to do it for me to avoid the HISS of escaping co2 which strikes the fear into my very being :(

Please help!

John
IMG_20160612_091016593.jpg

What's the saying...."feel the fear and do it anyway" the most that you'll get is a very slight hiss from any tiny amount of residual gas.

Even if you removed a near new one it really wouldn't be too bad...(I know, I've done it messing with a home brew beer barrel..)

I have the same set up as urs. So long as ur pressure guage is zerp you are okay. :).
If you are slow n there is any pressurised gas it will just fizz away when you open it. I wear oven gloves when connecting and/or disconnecting just out of precaution. :rolleyes:

Regardless of what the gauge is saying, if you have a diffuser on the end take it off, put the end of the airline in a cup of water and fully open the valve. If nothing comes out there's nothing in it. As mentioned, even if there was it would be no worse than say letting air out of a tyre, you could turn it slightly to see if it hisses and just keep doing this until it stops hissing but its not a worry.

If sodastream cylinders were dangerous, how would we all make our fattening soda if at each bottle change we would have to change our pants....:eek:

Also you don't hear of Argos employees having issues, as the largest suppliers of replacement cylinders.

There are far more dangerous things in your home than pressurised CO2, things like electricity, carpets, slippers and finally the most deadly of all, di-hydrogen monoxide that kills thousands each year...:(

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 169
di-hydrogen monoxide is particularly dangerous in shops where they have just used it to clean the floors. Usually a slippery when wet sign is enough to counter the side effects ;)

Back