• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How would you improve it...

herezor

WP_20160620_18_11_10_Pro.jpg

This is my scape. It has a road of HC, a carpet of Staurogyne repens and at the back Pogostemon erectus which I will trim in a few weeks to give it a V shape.

What would you guys do to improve the scape?

Cheers

I think it looks good. Very healthy.

I'd clean up the lines on the LHS stauro. Take those 2 stems of stauro (near centre) back away from the glass and give the HC some more room. This could be too clean for you, might just be my personal taste.

In my opinion:
Lack of red / orange apointments. I can imagine some midle field (or Reinecki Mini) reds above and around the stones.

Also behind Pogostemon Erectus some Echinodorus with wide leaves. These Echinodorus have mixed colour leaves.

To "greeny" for my taste ;)

I would mix in some D.Diandra at the back of the Pogo to add some contrast, the tops go a nice red under moderate lighting, stems are same green colour as the Pogo so it will blend in, nice tall fronds if left to grow, your lighting is strong enough for a decent HC carpet so the DD should redden up nicely. I would also plant some small crypts like Parva or Willisi around the rocks orientated to point away from the rock, just a few not too many, just enough to delineate between the Stauro and the rocks.

Edit- Should have said I agree with Paulo it needs a little red, but AR Mini would be a little too much despite me thinking this immediately upon reading your post and not seeing Paulos suggestion, on thinking about it you have two levels, broad leaf and pencil leaf, adding a broad leaf amongst the pencils might break up the symmetry you have going, the D.D is a bit of a half way house in this respect, stays narrow and tall and only turns red at the tips, this way it can blend in and add contrast.

Last edited:
Back