• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Am I still...

I'm sure you'll get a second referendum...
It'll be interesting to see how this will all pan out over the next couple or three years.
I'm incredibly optimistic...the future will be made by business leaders, not just in the UK (as it is for now at least) but in the rest of Europe and the world.
These guys are great at making money, keeping people in employment, and generating the world economy.
Despite the hyperbole to the contrary these are the people that determine our future, not the politicians and their bureaucracy, elected or otherwise.

Here in U.S. 90% of all job's are created by the small business owner's.
Business leader's like Trump the insuffereable #%&*!, will only be happy when we are all working for room and board and buying our food from the company store sponsored by the employer.
We in the U.S. will have the distasteful task of voting for the lesser of two evil's Trump,or Hillary.
Only positive I can see is that Hillary has Bill to help her at a task she is wholly unqualified for.

Unfortunately no matter why people voted out of the EU they have empowered the racist element who are now abusing people openly on the streets. It is sad and also frightening.
I dont believe it will make a big difference in terms of economics,democracy or sovereignty if the UK leaves the EU .It is just rhetoric!
But it will rise far right,xenophobia,anti-immigrant (not anti-immigration) policies.Have a closer look at it, who is happy with the result?

Here in U.S. 90% of all job's are created by the small business owner's.
Business leader's like Trump the insuffereable #%&*!, will only be happy when we are all working for room and board and buying our food from the company store sponsored by the employer.
We in the U.S. will have the distasteful task of voting for the lesser of two evil's Trump,or Hillary.
Only positive I can see is that Hillary has Bill to help her at a task she is wholly unqualified for.

Was she not running the show for Billy bob back in the day...? How illegal she gets to do two runs!!!

A bit late but congrats to Portugal.:clap:Wales contribution was a real Roy of the Rovers story(maybe a book)how the superstar Bale returned to his roots,refused to be treated any different than his teammates and showed how a team on paper should not but did reach dizzy heights and how his nemesis met them on the way

Why all the critisism of Hilary Clinton ?

Not a criticism, but I was under the impression when Bill Clinton was in office he was more 'front of house' and Hilary was the brains & US presidents aren't allowed to run after their 8 years is up. So technically Hilary may get two runs if she's elected - a little ironic.

I don't want to debate US politics too much,have enough trouble working out UK at the moment,but t he Democrats seem to me,(who will ever sort everything out?). the best bet as the alternative is a bit frightening and to be fair HC seems to have been a competent politician without Bill,who I liked. US politics matter to everyone so I hope our friends in the US get it right

Very true :) In all honesty though it was so long ago the Clintons were in office, l was probably too young to really get it
... welcomed here?? :wave::wave::wave:

Us foreigners feel a little left out now! :crazy::crazy::crazy::shh::shh:

Definitely! (Although I'm Indian so would probably be told to 'go home' by the rest of the extremists )

Many folk voted for Scotland to remain in the UK as they were told this was the only way they would remain in the EU. Many also succumbed to the lies and scaremongering and voted to remain in the UK. I suspect they will change their vote in a second referendum.
Unfortunately no matter why people voted out of the EU they have empowered the racist element who are now abusing people openly on the streets. It is sad and also frightening.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is really awful :( I think the reasons for the extremists voting out are Bourne out of fear, not hope for the future or the desire for progression leading to this increase in violence and attacks on innocent people perceived to be the route cause :(

Though I truly believe the majority of 'out' voters do not hold these extremist views and are ordinary people who would like more political independence then the EU had to offer and accountability with the decision making process in the EU was a weak point.

Only on this basis could the country be taken forward at this point by a strong political team (which we lack).

Although we have to all work together to move forward from where we are now, can't help but feel we'll look back in ten years time & see this as a massive step backwards in Britain.

Although we have to all work together to move forward from where we are now, can't help but feel we'll look back in ten years time & see this as a massive step backwards in Britain.

Maybe, but we had a problem whereby the laws in our country could be overridden by the EU (think prisoners votes), ultimately we were (currently still are) a state within a superstate in all but name. The problem was that nobody told us and no poliician wanted to admit that is what we had become.

The truth is that if the EU had given a miniscule amount of soveriegnty back to member states then the UK would have voted to stay in. They called the bluff and lost. Uncontrolled Immigration was so far down my list of priorities but when I realised that the biggest reason i was thinking about voting in was to keep the UK together I knew I had to vote out. I would love the UK to stay together but Scotland almost voted out last time and no matter if we had stayed in the EU or not then they would vote out the next time, Scotland now votes in their equivalent of UKIP with a huge majority that i can't see it going any other way, I don't really blame them though because our political system only seems to care about London but Scotland doesn't get the worst deal when compared to all of the other areas of the UK.

I am not an extremist and would be massively upset if somebody called me one, in fact one of my reasons to vote out was to make the country more welcoming to those that come from outside of the EU, the positive discrimination that exists within the EU towards EU citizens did not sit comfortably wth me.

Maybe, but we had a problem whereby the laws in our country could be overridden by the EU (think prisoners votes), ultimately we were (currently still are) a state within a superstate in all but name. The problem was that nobody told us and no poliician wanted to admit that is what we had become.

The truth is that if the EU had given a miniscule amount of soveriegnty back to member states then the UK would have voted to stay in. They called the bluff and lost. Uncontrolled Immigration was so far down my list of priorities but when I realised that the biggest reason i was thinking about voting in was to keep the UK together I knew I had to vote out. I would love the UK to stay together but Scotland almost voted out last time and no matter if we had stayed in the EU or not then they would vote out the next time, Scotland now votes in their equivalent of UKIP with a huge majority that i can't see it going any other way, I don't really blame them though because our political system only seems to care about London but Scotland doesn't get the worst deal when compared to all of the other areas of the UK.

I am not an extremist and would be massively upset if somebody called me one, in fact one of my reasons to vote out was to make the country more welcoming to those that come from outside of the EU, the positive discrimination that exists within the EU towards EU citizens did not sit comfortably wth me.

I agree Iliveinazoo the EU was far from perfect but there's a greater possibility to make changes from within rather than have no say from outside - It would have been good to remember it was formed initially as a trading agreement and free movement of goods, services & labour benefit all businesses within (from an economics perspective).

Not being in the EU isn't going to be dreadful - but there are are uncertain times ahead and there's already a negative impact on the market and investments. I worry for my kids future and what their 'Britain' will be. On the upside...great time to invest ☺

Not a criticism, but I was under the impression when Bill Clinton was in office he was more 'front of house' and Hilary was the brains & US presidents aren't allowed to run after their 8 years is up. So technically Hilary may get two runs if she's elected - a little ironic.

Hillary couldn't find her house slipper's with a map, and judging from her bang up job in the Benghazi affair (too little too late), I can see no good coming from her as the leader of the free world, but the alternative is bleak.
I am struck stupid by those who would consider for a moment the Donald .

Back