• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nelson's Crazy Paving

Nelson

Got bored with the http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/nelsons-first-planted-tank.40517/
And even though just a small tank,was too much trimming involved :rolleyes:.

Tank-60x30x36 Optiwhite
Filter-JBL E700,
Light- Current Satellite Plus PRO
Co2-JBL reg,FE,Fluval diffuser.On 24hrs
Soil-ADA Amazonia(old)
TGM Blue stone

Plants=Less :lol:.

I used gravel between the stones at first,but were too dark when flooded,and it looked like crazy paving.Hence the name :lol:.

DSC_0275_zpsobwtxhpr.jpg

DSC_0277_zpsbquymbyq.jpg

DSC_0276_zps0pcc22je.jpg

DSC_0280_zpsgwqjcvui.jpg

Replaced the gravel with smashed Blue stone.

DSC_0282_zps9gnxtcvl.jpg

DSC_0283_zpsybxlmwga.jpg

DSC_0287_zpstosobicv.jpg

DSC_0285_zps2jlqffnc.jpg

What i lovely idea, to bring all the hardscape like that to the foreground.. Looks realy good and very interesting.. Only that one stone at the far right is off.. To big maybe? It distracts me and pulls my eyes constantly towards it. Not sure how to say, it should be angled differently or just not there, it's placement spoils the depth and the flow of the rock scenery for me..

Thanks everyone :).
Only that one stone at the far right is off.. To big maybe? It distracts me and pulls my eyes constantly towards it. Not sure how to say, it should be angled differently or just not there, it's placement spoils the depth and the flow of the rock scenery for me..
I didn't notice that,until now :facepalm:.Thanks Marcel :rage:.
Can't really move it now.Will have to think of something :banghead:.
Whats the moss directly behind the rocks?
Looks like Fissidens fontanus to me.
Yes ;).

Thanks everyone :).

I didn't notice that,until now :facepalm:.Thanks Marcel :rage:.
Can't really move it now.Will have to think of something :banghead:.

Yes ;).
Sorry Neil, wasn't my intention to upset you in any way.. It still looks very nice and i like it.. It's a very neat scape.. It's just my way of looking at it as a flat picture. In real time it probably looks very different.. Maybe moss and or some algae will come to the resque after some patience.. :) It's just that for last rock has such a nice texture and has shades because of that. And the last rock comes foreward and looking bigger and much brighter reflecting all the light it gets. When i look at the fore last rocks texture i like it very much how it plays with the light and the last rock as constantly as a bright spot in the corner of my eye pushy asking for attention.

Sometimes it's in the smalles details which also change while the tank matures..

Shrek :lol:.Brillilant :lol:.
You are right,of course.Just need to figure something out.

In a way, i don't feel intitled to say anything and makes me feel bit uncomfortable when i do.. Cause the same happens always to me and see it way to late.. In my tanks it took me months to see what actualy should not have been there from the beginning.. In my first scape i also could not take it out anymore.. Had only one options, i took a piece of wood and the dremmel tool and carved to stones shape out of the wood and placed to wood like a cap over the stone and a load of anubias on that wood.. And that was 6 months after setup.. Any rock only scape i tried i din't finnish because i can't pull it off yet. Rock is the most difficult hardscape material. My next one will definitively be rock, i think i finaly found some nice rock to try again, wonder with what monstrosity i'll come up this time.. :)

I was about to ask what kind of stone that was, then I went back up and saw. The placement really does look natural (I love the use of the smaller stones/pebbles) - and regarding that piece of rock on the right side that everyone keeps raving about - I think it can actually be made better if you lowered the stone to the left of it hehe.

vdRQvUh.jpg

Back