• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

water parameters

simon Coram

What water parameters should i be aiming for,
mine is
ph 7.9 a few days ago it was 7.6
kh 13
gh 3

my drop cheaper didn't change colour still stayed a light blue colour after the co2 has been with the lights, its being defused in a inline up diffuser.
its been doing about 1.4 bps.

I've got tetras in the tank so dot want to overdose on co2

It's a 180ltr tank with two T5 tubes.
Two external filters.

Since planting the grass carpet last Thursday I have noticed some runners a few cms coming off them.

Water parameters are irrelevant and won't make any difference to your drop checker colour. I would suggest, most likely, if your drop checker colour is not changing, you have a CO2 leak somewhere.

If I run at around 1-2bps, with inline diffuser and 180l tank I get a beyond green drop checker. Fish don't seem to mind too much.
upload_2016-10-24_8-48-48.png

If you breathe into your drop checker for a couple of minutes, especially the above JBL ones, you can quite easily get the blue indicator to turn green to prove your indicator solution is working.

I did work out yesterday I didn't have the pressure up high enough on the co2 reg so have raised it. Will check for leaks.
I cans see fine bubbles coming out the filter exit pipe

Back