• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60F, Matura Trail

The brown algae is gone! finally :)
Dug out this old Olympus Stylus Tough point'n shoot I hadn't used in ages, after getting fed up with my old iphone. Hope you all like the snaps.

Shrimp are everywhere. I might have about 30 fry in there already and they have teamed up with my 10 salt'n pepper corys to mow down all the brown string algae. Is this staghorn starting to grow on the driftwood?:
JrdbhYW.jpg

Lil corys chilling, amongst my slow-to-grow Marsilea (tips appreciated).
WhRVj5q.jpg

not a good picture, but the only one I have caught of Random Randal:
gEMqvXI.jpg

and look at the ludwigia go!
AiFJkql.jpg

more emergent goodness over here:
LMSz44o.jpg

and my favourite angle:
BmwV71D.jpg

Thanks everyone, sorry I didn't see your replies :oops:!
We almost didn't build that pond Roy, contemplated a jacuzzi haha, its big enough.

Randal and his Cory army are still doing well !

I will just have to give the Marsilea time I guess Cookies... if I get any sort of carpet I will be happy, seeing as I wont be adding CO2 to keep this low maintenance. Great to see your 60F up and running, keeping an eye out for updates :snaphappy:

Thanks for the interest :)

It is going well, left it for 2 weeks over Christmas with a friend doing top ups and a reduced dosing of ferts. The tank handled it well, and strangely the two Lotus Lilly buds I dropped in there months ago finally decided to throw some leaves up! Bacopa has however melted away, been a problem since November. The larger Ludwigia Glandulosa is also struggling, while the smaller Ludwigia palustris is going very well. I have now increased the photoperiod and intensity, plus fertilising every other day.

Progression from August-September-December
Ht8vXPc.jpg

I also got a nice camera last year, Sony Nex6. Just have the 16-50 kit lens at the moment but love it:
rzEIKY2.jpg

Went to Trinidad for Christmas so caught some snaps of flowers, fish and sunsets:
zLlgw0j.jpg

R3KaEyT.jpg

pmx3ucs.jpg

5JCPj8f.jpg

Beautiful tank,is it plant growing on the top of wood?
Thanks Tomas & Cookies! The plant above the water is a creeping fig (Ficus Pumila) and it actually is growing emerssed very well. The ludwigia often grows out too and compliments it nicely with the red leaves.

I got a bit fed up of my mound of dirt at the front of this tank. I guess I wanted it to bank noticeably from left to right, but it never worked out.
So I pulled up my marsilae carpet in the front and got to syphoning out some soil & add a few more plants:
H9tGYHi.jpg

Removed a good inch or more on the right and am much happier with the tank now. More room for Random Randal and his Cory army :happy:
kBm2ryb.jpg

I have added :
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis across the back and around the ugly filter sponge inlet.
Hygrophila Compacta three across the back, one is in a void at the far right back corner that we may never see, but the space was irritating me none the less
Micranthemum Umbrosum wasn't too sure how to split this plant so cut it in half, crammed one in the front and one down the side where I needed a filler.
Bucephalandra 'Wavy Green' why not!

Things are still going okay in here, bit of staghorn to fight off unfortunately. Had pulled up some roots of the rapidly growing Ficus Pumila and must have made a bit too much of a mess. Probably was also badly timed with the increased sunlight on the tank in the evening. Put a shield up and been upping the Potassium, plus spot treating the areas it has popped up in.

I haven't had many good pictures lately, but it looks quite similar to this still. Jungle! :
sdz204Y.jpg

I also got the terrarium topped up with cuttings of Christmas Moss. Seems these closed containers are so humid it can survive in here. Good rum too, happy to invest on getting a few more of these bottles :hungry:
9AFtPi2.jpg

and this one has been going for ages with 2 other similar ones with hardly a drop of water needed. doubt the fern will be making a come back though:
KnZ7AF8.jpg

Lovely jungle :)

Thanks Cookies! As much as I love the jungle I think it needs some more taming. I have been trying to keep the mosses at bay and removed a lot of hydrocotyle to get some more light in there, but don't want to go too crazy and give the staghorn algae any opportunity to spread.

After my holiday I think I will add across the back, some Ludwigia palustris (most of my first attempt melted after reducing fertz :dead:) for colour and Hygrophila corymbosa alongside the compacta ones I have already. So far the compacta is doing well but is staying too short to be seen over my wall of moss :lurking:

I made it home for a break last month, only to find that my Dad had opted for a very low tech approach to the Monster Tank :eek::lurking:
SV6aCgQ.jpg

Pops and I spent a full 6 hours working to get this thing sorted, but thankfully everything had filled out and a lot of the algae died back.
CQN1b6g.jpg

My brother and mum have been in charge of the pond:
JOZ1XF1.jpg

thanks for the likes folks :)

my little tank is still okay. hoping to get some Boraras brigittae or similar in the next week. Time for some more colour in here:
1oMtj2t.jpg

Will likely re-stock on Ludwigia palustris as I am hoping my fertz regime is much better now than when I first tried to keep these going.

random flower picture, by the pond:
TT3g9rL.jpg

Back