• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

182l Optiwhite tank "Sherpas way home"

-serok-

Hi there!

Summer has come to an end, so the new season has started for me ;)

Last weekend I've started to set up a new layout in my 182l optiwhite tank, size is 90x45x45cm.

Hardscape is Ohko stone (ca. 70kg of it), substrate is Dennerle soil and bright sand. The plants will come next week, in all probability HCC, Riccardia, Eleocharis purvula or other, shallow growing plants.

Here is the first pic of the finished hardscape. Hope you like it ;)

12144952_912593715482800_2380630621054654383_n.jpg

Wow, looks class !!!

Love the sense of scale, looks like a huge mountain range in the alps during the tour when the helicopters do their "dramatic footage" looks fab

Hi guys!

Thank you very much for your feedback! I'll report about the development of this layout ;)

Very cool indeed! Although I'd like to see a pic without the big rock front top left. My eye keeps getting dragged toward that big rock for some reason.

The other big rock right of center is just perfect!

Hi there!

Thanks for your feedback!

@Dantrasy
I'm really sorry, but the stone in the upper left corner is glued with the stones around it. So I can't take it out. But I've allready arranged some small stones around that big one that it doesn't look that noticeable. You'll see at the next update ;)

Hi there!

Drystart is running for 10 days now and the tank is evolving very nicely.

Used plants are:
- HCC
- Monte Carlo
- Riccardia spec.
- Fissidens fontanus
- Crepidomanes malabaricum
- Bucephalandra (only small leafy plants)
- Anubia bonsai "Mini" (?)
- Cryptocoryne "Hobbit"

DSC08485.1.JPG

Looking very good indeed. The MC has almost completely filled in already incredible

Hi there!

Thanks a lot!

@REDSTEVEO
Of course do I want to retain the scale. I'm planing to keep very tiny fishes, something like Borara uroptalmoides or B.brigittae. There will also be shrimps, but very unobtrusive ones. Probably Caridina simoni simoni.

Hi Andy,

I just spent some time having a good look at this tank again and you know what? I would be tempted to only half fill it, or maybe two thirds full, and leave all the peaks of the rocks exposed. This for me would give a greater perspective of scale, like mountains rising out of the sea or a lake. You would also get to experiment with other smaller plants emersed above the water level.

I am still struggling to imagine any fish in this set up at all, Ember Tetras stay small, Dwarf Neon Rainbows??

But whatever the hardscape does look amazing, almost too good to spoil by adding fish.

Cheers,

Steve
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...d=0CB0QMygAMABqFQoTCKDmncS5hMkCFUReDwodlNQHeQ

3/4 fill and fogger on top.... would be interesting... :)

Microdevario nanus

Dario Dario

there are several other micro-fish in that 10mm - 16mm range, though most will only be available through specialty shops

This tank is only going to get better & better :D

One problem with only part filling the tank is water lines on the glass (or maybe they only drive me :eek: :banghead: :sour: )

One problem with only part filling the tank is water lines on the glass (or maybe they only drive me :eek: :banghead: :sour: )
It's not only you. Waterlines would be very annoying for a showpiece like this. Perhaps you can vinegar clean it daily. :)

Back