• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

240 lt Jungle

zebradanio

Hi there

Been dreaming about a large jungle tank for about 4 years now and finally got one.

Tank : Fluval Roma 240 litres

Cabinet : Roma Cabinet new style

Substrate : Westland Aquatic compost and osmocote capped with gravel tidy and moler clay

Filtration : Fluval 306 , 1150 lph

Lighting : 2x40 watt T8

Ferts : Osmocote under substrate and 10% ei dry ferts

Fauna : nothing yet but transferring from other tank a few each week , 1 Pearl gourami , 1 Ancistrus , 1 Siamese Algae Eater , 4 female kribs , 5 Zebra Danio , 5 Five banded Barb

Flora : Hygrophila Polysperma , Rotala rotundifolia , Java Fern , Java Moss , Java Fern narrow , Echinodorus martii , Cryptocoryne diversen , Cryptocoryne wendtii brown , Staurogyne repens .

I got some Pogostomen erectus but haven't put it in , light may not be enough Staurogyne might struggle also we,ll see.

Pics to follow

Old tank moved , new cabinet built and aquarium in place , new cabinet looks nice . Nicer than the old version IMO hope laminate flooring takes the weight , should be OK as there's no feet the weight is spread out along the sides and the back.

8qZjlhJ.jpg

Filter plumbed through base nice and neat.

KZUDKBe.jpg

DYET4Aq.jpg

Osmocote in

ulUXEoF.jpg

Nice tank mate I was looking at these a while ago and agree I think the new style cabinet is nicer best of luck with set up , keep us posted

Dean

Cheers Dean , moler clay in

7l53Shc.jpg

Filling up couple of inches at a time checking for leaks and watching the laminate lol

ZZS9GlV.jpg

Free redmoor If you don't ask you don't get | UK Aquatic Plant Society
floating about , it already had been soaking in a tub for a week .

5nVMsnc.jpg

Took about 40 - 50 Hygrophila polysperma cuttings and banged them in , one piece of root is starting to sink.

PL2r8HC.jpg

Very nice. Should shape up to be an awesome tank. I've always dreamed of a massive jungle tank too, so I'll be interested to see how this one turns out.

Cheers Henry , Hygrophila polysperma growing well , bought a pot of Java fern narrow and Rotala rotundifolia middle back , split an old Java fern from old tank into 4 pieces to be tied to root when it finally sinks

uDLpr0G.jpg

About 2 weeks in rotala growing nicely , rotala leaf shape has totally changed from round to narrow/pointed , some nice snot coming from root.
At this point dosing 1/10th ei dry ferts and easy carbo daily , anyone know what the correct dosing schedule would be for a low tech tank , do I still dose for 6 days and then a rest day or dose 7days a week , will be doing a 50% water change once a fortnight , does this sound about right .

YUoA4X5.jpg

Cheers old bloke , just the standard lights that came with the tank 2x40watt T8 , I,m dosing liquid carbon also , I ,ve grown polysperma before , its an easy plant , first time I,ve had Rotala rotundafolia and been really pleased with the growth , hope everything else grows well , I have my doubts about the Staurogene and I always seem to struggle with crypts for some reason .

Cheers old bloke , just the standard lights that came with the tank 2x40watt T8 , I,m dosing liquid carbon also , I ,ve grown polysperma before , its an easy plant , first time I,ve had Rotala rotundafolia and been really pleased with the growth , hope everything else grows well , I have my doubts about the Staurogene and I always seem to struggle with crypts for some reason .

How long do you have them on for, please?

Hey oldbloke
7 hours
Finished planting today

P150jAb.jpg

Slight rejig , moved left root to the left a bit , still not 100% happy with middle , the 2 Echinodorus martii (wavy amazon swords) don't look quite right even more so when they get big , might have to remove one of them
Added an old internal filter with no media at back right to improve flow , that gives me about 1650 lph not quite 10 times but will have to do for now until I can get a Hydor circulation pump , not sure if the 10 times rule applies in a low tech.

Bo2bb7p.jpg

A few close ups

DzF6O5N.jpg

4DBf327.jpg

8NMW8WJ.jpg

gNbtjqo.jpg

Back