• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2ft lighting, confused please help!

jbirley

I'm in the process of buying all of the things for a new setup, and do not know what my best options are when it comes to lighting. there is so much information out there that I just don't know what I need, people with 2 tubes, 4 tubes, 2 tubes for a few hours then 4 for a burst period.

The tank will be 24x15x12, pressurised co2, EI dosing and eco complete. I want to grow a carpet of marsilea crenata, glosso or hc haven't decided yet, will 2x 24w T5HO be enough? something like this http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquar ... bulbs.html , or should I go for 4x24w?

Joe

Hi Joe,
2 x t5 ho will be plenty especially in a relitively shallow tank. The one youve linked also has integrated reflectors so there will be no issue with not enough light. Make sure you choose the tropical rather than marine bulbs as the marine may look a bit blue. With regards your carpeting plants, they are far more fussy about c02 concentrations than light necessarily, so ensure excellent levels of c02 combined with good flow and distribution to get it to the plants and you should be good to go. :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back