• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

400 gallon.

Very nice, the Biotodoma look great. Saw some C. spirulus in a shop the other day, very striking fish in the flesh.

Are those Hemigrammus stictus in the background of the Bio pic, or something else?

Edit - looks like Prionobrama, if I'd bothered to look before typing :p

They where in the 1500 liter tank. They all did it by themselves. At that time i had an RO unit running on the tank 24/7, so probably lowish 100-150 microsiemens.
Fry fed on what was in the tank till about the size of the picture. I fed frozen mosquitolarvae/mysis/cyclops/artemia. So no special feeding of the fry. Two made it into adulthood.
The tank doesn't lend itself to catching. Lots of wood in it for fish to hide, so what gets into the tank mostly lives it's whole life in there. Rarely i can catch a wels (there are slower) or something in a clear fishtrap (read baited bottle with inverted top)

Still around, hanging in the back usually, at lights out always at the front:
14424244083_f426ebdf3f_c.jpgDSC_5585_copy by Edvet, on Flickr

Yesterday for some reason most all the of oto's decided to hang around together in the middle of the tank, no apparent reason, no food around, just chill together. After 5 mins all went their own way........
14217458548_4643b37628_c.jpgDSC_5576_copy by Edvet, on Flickr

Oto's demonstration perhaps? ;)
You big tank guys are showing dangerous things to the rest of the people... During the last days I found myself watching videos in YouTube of huge tanks and then repeating to myself "you cannot have a huge tank, you cannot have a huge tanks, you cannot have a huge tank... "

Oto's demonstration perhaps? ;)
You big tank guys are showing dangerous things to the rest of the people... During the last days I found myself watching videos in YouTube of huge tanks and then repeating to myself "you cannot have a huge tank, you cannot have a huge tanks, you cannot have a huge tank... "
Ask your wife instead works for me ;)
I appologize:(
No need ed along with the other big tank owners you give us inspiration and aspirations :) love your livestock pics, keep them coming.

OK, Big change. Came home and CO2 had run out (unexpected). Couldn't have a full tank fast, so I decided to go "cold turkey" to low energy. I know the plants don't like that, but they'll have to adjust, mostly swords anyway.
Having struggled with BBA the last few months, maybe this can help.
I raised the lights all the way to the ceiling, unplugged the LED's. Not sure if i need to remove the T5's or the MH. Threw in the gardenhose to do a large waterchange, it's running as i type this.
14506856695_d6b29f9256_h.jpg400 gallon25062014 by Edvet, on Flickr

A well established tank may adjust OK especially with such a reduction in light (he said hopefully)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Added Limnobium and Phyllantus yesterday, stopped the circulation pumps (added some more swords) and upped the sump pump. Will take some surface pics when the floaters have settled a bit. I decreased the amount of ferts, but will still add 3 times a week.

Back