• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60l nano cube stocking

Hayley

Seedling
Hello

I'm new to this site, as stated I have a 60l nano cube and I'm interested in people's opinions on stocking.
The tank is fully cycled (fishless) with ammonia and nitrite at 0, nitrate at 5. My ph is 6.6 and the water is soft at 17mg/l.
The current inhabitants are 7 hasboras corydoras and I'm planning on adding my betta who I've had for a year, he is currently living in a small community and has never shown aggression to anyone, even my snails.
I was wondering if I could add a school of galaxy rasbora or maybe a few shrimp? If I add shrimp and my betta attacks them then he can be removed to another tank so I'm not to worried about things not working out as well as I hope. All opinions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any answers

I'd increase the cory's to 10 or so, then establish the rasboras (or shrimp) before adding in the betta ... also have you considered an algae (eating) crew?

Galaxy rasboras tend to do better in larger groups so you might consider some of the other "micro-rasbora" species such as this one if you prefer a more lightly stocked tank or more species.
You'll likely see more shrimp activity without the betta

I thought the betta might be pushing it, he is already in another 60l with some platy and snails anyway so no big deal if he doesn't move over.
There's nothing set in stone with stocking options, apart from the dwarf cory since they are already there. I originally did want 10 - 12 of these but the shop only had the 7 so took those and will add to them when more arrive, I do prefer a lightly stocked tank so I will look at some other small species rather than the galaxy's.
As for an algae eating crew I hadn't given it much thought, I have a school of oto's in my 130l but so far I haven't had an algae problem in this 60l.

Back