• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ian Holdich

After seeing the quality of Georges TMC signiture, i thought i would treat myself. I sold the old 80cm of earlier in the week, and took delivery of this one this morning. I had planned this one out for a couple of weeks now. I wanted to go for a good old timeless nature aquarium. I am really really impressed with the quality of the TMC tank and stand. Excellent value for money. The one thing i didn't do was cut a half moon out of the cabinet. Something i wished i had done now, as the pipes just won't bend around the corners, well they will when i buy some 90 degree angles. TBH, the flow isn't to bad with the inlet and outlet at the back.

some specs
tank- 60x45x30
lighting - TMC 1500nd tile (a much better colour rendition that the previous tile)
filter - Ehiem 2073
substrate - Tana sand and tropica under substrate
hardscape - Redmoor wood and dragon stone
pressurised C02 @ 2 BPS
ferts - TPN + (5 Squirts a day to begin with) - NA colour and NA power
plants - HC, Bolbitis, Crypt Parva, amania, weeping and cristmas moss, anubias nana, ludwigia articua, Ranunculus, crypt petchii, crypt willisii

here's the tank...

8433786802_55eae23631_z.jpg
IMG_3368 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

the silicone work is perfect!
8432700753_90cec2dde7_z.jpg
IMG_3370 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and here's the set up, the water isn't as clear as yet, but here's a teaser.
8432699931_98af8f2f5d_z.jpg
IMG_3388 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

My lfs has a good stock of lighting, luckily he had received these a few days ago. He told me he'd ordered some so, I was really lucky.

They have really good coverage over a 60cm don't they!

Sweet!
Did you keep any fish in the end mate?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Sweet!
Did you keep any fish in the end mate?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks mate, and the neighbour has the fish at the moment, I have kept the shrimp and otos in a hold I set up. I wanted to see what the tank looked like before I gave/sold them on. I think I'll restock tbh.

Yeah mate, thats good! Im gonna have to run mine on about 30% when i get them both on the rail!

What you running them at? Ive got both channels only on 60% and its been up ages :eek:

At present they are on 100% as that is what I ran the grobeams on, I will have to turn they down I reckon. Will see how it goes.

Very nice mate, a quality product! I have to say you did not mess about getting it set up! Did Amano deliver it and give you a hand?!
From the photo you have put up it looks very nice indeed and I'll be looking forward to seeing more - you will be setting me off on wanting to change mine again ;)

Very nice mate, a quality product! I have to say you did not mess about getting it set up! Did Amano deliver it and give you a hand?!
From the photo you have put up it looks very nice indeed and I'll be looking forward to seeing more - you will be setting me off on wanting to change mine again ;)

I really can't get over the quality of the tank tbh, for what you actually pay for it. It's a nice size as well. Nice and deep and not to high. Was really easy to work with.
Haha, I wish he had popped over, I had planned it for a couple of weeks, so it was pretty straight forward to set up. The cabinet was really easy to assemble, and I hate flat packs. It took about 15 mins to do.

Looking good mate, looks really good quality that set up i love that tile. How much if you dont mind me asking? Cheers

Looking good mate, looks really good quality that set up i love that tile. How much if you dont mind me asking? Cheers

Thanks mike, I wish I was allowed to have a hanger in the living room, I suppose the mrs lets me have the set up. The brackets don't look out of place tbh. I think the tile worked out around £ 160 ish. I bought some other bits as well, so I just handed the card over and shut my eyes lol.

was just going to ask the same thing and where did you order it from?

I got it from the aquarium in Lincoln, it's my lfs, but they have a website. They were in the pfk a couple of months back and Nathan Hill loved the place. He has some great hardware in. He also stocks some good planted stuff.

All new start hey mate, even moved the location to confuse us:) Looking good, keen for the clear water shots tonight.
The signature certainly looks the business and the silicone work looks mint, TMC have hit the ground running with this range and the tile looks smart.
Its a tidy looking set up and scape Ian.

Off topic sorry in advance lads.. But what sort of tile do u recommend for a 450mm cube. I expect to hang it so I have the change to raise and lower it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back