• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

another lighting question

hi
Im looking for a little advise on my intended lighting set up for my future planted tank.
the tank is 72x20x24 which makes it around 560l without substrate/decor. Im planning on 4 54w T5 tubes with reflectors. I wont be using pressurized CO2 but will be using soil substrate, ferts and excel.

cheers

Hello again Morefire,

In my opinion the lighting should be fine, especially considering the depth of the tank.

I do wonder about dosing excel for such a large amount of water though, although a lot more trouble to set up initially, I feel pressurised CO2 would be a lot better for this size tank in the long run. The cost of the excel will soon outstrip that of the pressurised CO2, I think PFK did a little article on it not so long ago and found this to be the case. Excel is much more viable for nano tanks as a carbon source.

I could be jumping the gun however if you just plan to use it as an algaecide if it crops up and keep the tank low-tech.

all the best,
Joe

hi
the excel was going to be my main source of carbon for the time being as its a large outlay over a long period of time rather than all in one go. i think a pressurized system will come in time depending on how well i get on with a planted tank long term.

Back