• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anubias/Java Fern on wood

tubamanandy

Just converting my high tech setup to basically a sand base with Anubias/Ferns/Mosses on wood for a change.

I'm keeping my light levels fairly low and still plan to use my daily EI & bottled CO2.

Whilst I know these type of plants are generally very undemanding, is it acceptable to continue with the full CO2 and EI dosing ?

Presumably growth, whilst still slow, should be good ?

Two options:

1. start with full EI (50% water changes) and cut down slowly until you see deficiency
2. Use very lean dosing from beginning - ie 1/10 EI and only do water changes 30% monthly.... :)

I would suggest 2.

Well just had a minor hiccup.on the 3ft tankMy disposable replacement co2 gas didn't arrive,think supplier having courier problems.Without CO2 tank started to look well a little tired,some algae some plants looking a bit battered.Decided to experiment a little forgoing the co2 so stopped macros carried on daily micros with the EI.When the bottle was empty started Pro Fito from Easylife daily gradually slightly overdosed.Water changed daily and gave a large maintenance clean removing as much algae as possible gave external filter a good clean added a spare power head and a fluval U3 full of carbon temporary.Everything is doing better Java ferns looking good and moss going ballistic added some Vallis and trimmed the hy.polysperma.O bviously growth etc not as good but everything looking healthy no tricky plants mind though lucky that the plants you mention are are ok without CO2

Back