• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone seen any female rosy loach?

Rasbo

Spurred on by Big Tom's success with breeding rosy loach I set up a tank for this purpose stocked it with 6 rosys and waited only to discover that all were male. I have searched all over the place but have not found a single female anywhere so I was wondering if any members had seen any lately.

Based SE London but happy to travel

I have quite a few as going to have a go at breeding them myself :) my lfs has some but they don't do mail order I'm afraid :( it's New Atlantic at Earsham,Nr Bungay.

Thanks for the leads, both around a 5 hour round trip, original 6 came from Sweet Knowle in the summer (well you have to break your journey somewhere!).
They seem to be delivered as juveniles with a predominance of males - well those with obvious lateral lines anyway, wonder if they are using hormones or just not choosing to send out females.

Finally found some, Pond Life Aquatics at Finchley Nurseries Mill Hill NW7 1AS. Lawrence who runs it has a small number of tanks with a particular leaning towards livestock suitable for Nano tanks (and reasonable prices too). He also says that he reckons he is able to get in fish to order so if anyone is after anything unusual he is your man. 02089069916

Back