• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aponogeton Undulatus

GOSEANY

Hi,
I have been looking to get some A. Undulatus but have not seen any for sale or listed anywhere in the U.K. Does anyone know if it has been re-classified (name change) or is just not a popular plant anymore. I've had it in the past and it was easy to keep and quite prolific. At the moment I am finding it quite rare. Any info appreciated.
Sean

Thank you for the reply. The link takes me to Aponogeton Ulvaceus, I am specifically after A. Undulatus.
Sean

Yep - A. undulatus is a nice, quite easy plant. The only Aponogeton, I know of, reproducing by new plants on runners (like most Echinodorus), which makes it very easy to grow new plants to share with fellow aquarists. Also a manageble size - a little smaller than A. crispus, which it does resemble.
You are right; it is not very popular anymore, therefore quite difficult to obtain.
I would be surprised if some private people on some forum does not still grow this plant...........I do. (But I am in Denmark.)
Your best chance is probaply what you are diong; asking around on forums.
Good luck.

Back