• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

APS 600mm Thin Four tubes Lighting System

O'Neil

Hey Guys, have any of you bought one of these?

60cm T5 Aquarium Lighting Four Tubes System - All Pond Solutions

I have my tank up and running and was thinking of getting this to make it look a bit more "posh" and so I can try more light demanding plants at some point without having to buy yet another light unit.
Also, I like the Idea of being able to raise or lower light.

Problem is my tank is 700m long. I was wondering if I'd be able to use the bracket that comes with it or if i'll have to go buy some stainless steel pipe, get my tripod out and make my own.
Quite easy to make myself tbh but stainless doesn't come in black which may be a pain as I can't get it powder coated unless I've formed the pipe and the hanging clips may be plastic and would have to be on the pipe as I pull the bends, I doubt I'll get them on afterwards.

I've checked the site and whilst it does give dimensions is does not say if it's for the light unit, the suspension kit or the full kit.

I sent this to the manufacturer:

I'm considering buying the light below for a tropical tank, however my tank is 700mm.

60cm T5 Aquarium Lighting Four Tubes System - All Pond Solutions

Is the bar the light hangs from adjustable to this size?
If not would it be possible to supply a longer bar, for example a bar from the 900mm kit?

I got this response:

Thanks for the message.

The brackets can be slid together to fit a smaller length tank and the suspension kit pole can be shortened also.

Hope
this helps!

They haven't actually answered either of my questions and I'm not one for making assumptions, so I'm hoping that some of you have this same light unit and could do a quick check for me.

So my question is simply would this work on a 700mm tank or would the bar that holds the light be too short?

Thanks

Back