• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquaray grobeam controller...

fleabilly

I currently have a twin grobeam on my tank with an aquaray lighting controller.
Would it be possible to use a splitter to run both lights off one channel, thus freeing the second channel to control a blue led strip light?

If so where might I find the splitter cables to do this (1.7mm x 4.0mm)?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Could try phoning maplins to see if they sell them :) don't know if its possible or if it would affect the lightings life span but I'm a worrier lol

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple answer is NO. The controllers output the correct power levels to drive what they drive mate. You would invalidate the warranty and possibly either screw up the controller OR end up with underpowered lights. However what you could do is have the blue on one channel and one of the whites on the other and have the second white on a regular timer plug. Have the controller ramp the first white up to full power and then the timer plug switch on the second one. The difference in visible output by doing that would not be horrendous, the fish would not care, and you get to control your blue too ;)

Thanks for the info...

Anyone out there want to swap ame for the larger aqua ray controller?

Cheers

R

fleabilly said:
Thanks for the info...

Anyone out there want to swap ame for the larger aqua ray controller?

Cheers
R

Want to swap what for the larger controller ?

Back